A CHALLENGE to all players!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A CHALLENGE to all players!!!

I would like to propose a challenge to all CIV players.

- Start a game in a random map, 7 Civs DEITY level.

- On turn one, instead of building your first city, put your settler(s) on sentry duty.

- Keep the settlers on sentry with the passing of time, untill 1 A.D. Then build your first city

-CHALLENGE: TO CONQUER THE WORLD, ON DEITY LEVEL, STARTING THE GAME 4.000 YEARS AFTER YOUR OPPONENTS!!!

I have tried a couple of times, having succeeded in two of them... it´s tough, but it can be done, and it is dam fun to try. Good luck!

------------------
    Nani
    Nani

I hate to burst your bubble, but this challenge was presented long ago. Some people held out longer longer than you did.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Well, I didn't see the earlier one, or maybe it pre-dates my visiting here.

I like your notion, Alex, and will have a go over the week-end.

Comment

I just bumped another thread called "A new challenge in deity/raging?", where this challenge is discussed.

In that thread (the second last post) I link to the original thread started by GP.

Confused? Me too!

Edited part: Make that the third last post.

Carolus

[This message has been edited by Carolus Rex (edited February 16, 2001).]

Comment

I've done this and it's not that hard as it sounds. Even though it still is a challange. Beacouse you probably will be the smallest civ during most of the game, most opponents will threat you like their beloved little brother. My strategi is this:
          - Explore and establish alliances with as many computer opponents as it is possible. - Don't spend any trade on science. Request gifts all the time to get advances.
          - Expand. Build as many cities as you can. And atleast one def unit in every city.
          - Once you have a decent number of cities you start trading. Build caravans as many as you can and send them to a few big foriegn cities.
          - If you can, convert cities from your allies. If you are small enough they won't cancel the alliance and if you just give them a modest sum of money they will become worshipful again. You'll benefit a city, a number of units and probably a tech.
          - Three wonders are needed in this kind of game. It's UN, Statue of liberty and SETI program. The UN makes it possible for you to make peace in late game, can be very useful if you don't wan't to loose an poorly defended city. Statue of liberty makes sure that you don't spend x number of valuable time in anarchy. And the SETI program gives u a faster tech rate and makes sure that non of the AI-player will build the manhattan project or send a spaceship to AC before you are ready to deal with it. Happiness wonders is always good if you can afford it but not a must. Great library can also be quite useful. And ofcourse every wonder gives benefits.
          - Once statue of liberty is built switch to fundies or democracy. In democracy you go for growth and tech, in fundamentalism you go for money and infrastructure. Depending on what you need the most, beacouse when you get stronger the ai-players aren't as friendly anymore.
          - Build up your infrastructure. Rush buy as much as you think you can afford.
          -Once you have the SETI project try to get robotics ASAP.
          - Switch to fundamentalism and build manufacturing plant in every city. Then build howitzers and best availible defence units. Cancel alliances. Go for Capturing your opponents. The UN-wonder will make it possible to get peace treaties if you need them. Concentrate especially on capturing capitols and wonders. On a small and normal map it should not be that hard winning a game with this tactic.
          - One thing. Have a number of spies so u can destroy any attempt to build The moonlanding or the manhattan project, and to steal tech ofcourse.
          - Whenever a city has enough improvements start build units. But don't build units in cities where it takes more than 3 - 4 turns to complete a unit. Build up the infrastructure and you'll soon find that with rushbuying (and you'll get rich i promise) you'll soon get a giant army that no ai-player can ever match. After about 20 turns of battle you'll be so big and have so much wonders and money that you can with ease switch to democracy again and benefit the faboulus growth. After this point you are unstoppable. I usually end playing here beacouse i know i'll winn anyway.

I think it's much harder on a big map, i've never tried...
          stuff

Comment

"Statue of liberty makes sure that you don't spend x number of valuable time in anarchy."

Not a problem when you know the ODEO years.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Length of anarchy between governments you ask.
              Read and learn...
              http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HT...tml?date=17:27

Odeo has it all figured out
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hmm...Interesting. I will never build the Statue of Liberty more in my entire life. This was a great tip. Thanx :-)
                stuff

Comment

Actually. I will still build it if i can. Beacouse then i don't have to research fundamentalism. How do you get all these smileys?
                  stuff

Comment

Your smiley didn't work, because you made a typpo.

Look at the Smilies Legend link on the left of the screen when you are next posting for more details.
                    Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by rah on 02-16-2001 12:20 PM
                      "Statue of liberty makes sure that you don't spend x number of valuable time in anarchy."

Not a problem when you know the ODEO years.

RAH

Could you please explain. Is there a way to predict how many turns you are going to be in anarchy? If there is i'd like to learn it.
                      stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X