Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The value of tipping huts before founding a city.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The value of tipping huts before founding a city.

I recently tried OCC with zero science. I used the OCC23.sav which is an incredibly rich map. My first attempt got off to a bad start, and I tried again with a revealed map to see if it could be done at all. I started tipping huts and collected an assortment of over 100 units and all the techs through invention. I was even able to trade for one tech even though I had no city. I then founded a city far away from the other civs. The interesting thing is that the AI had only founded ONE city each and had not advanced more than one tech in that time.
    Ths suggests to me that a very extensive early search for huts and a prime starting spot is a no loss strategy against the AI.
    As for the zero tech try, I got spaceflight first, but was beat out in ship construction time.

Yes, hut tipping is powerful :
    1) because you get only None units
    2) because you get money and can then rushbuild
    3) because you don't get any barbarians.
    On a large continent (Asia in an earth map for example), it almost wins by force.

------------------
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

From my experience, you need a large map with many easily accessible huts to make the most out of this strategy. With a smaller or game-generated map, I believe it's better to build your city early when playing comparison games.

Comment

How long do you keep hut tipping? Do you have a deadline for establishing your first city?

Comment

It depends... once your early non units are far enough away (closer to another civ), it's time to consider settling down. Any units you get will still be none, and any barbarians will become the problem of the AI
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am one of these who has had the capital from a hut.... no palace to boot..... both times it happened to me were after 1500 BC

I dont' use this strat for too long as it guarrantees victory and is far too powerfull.... i generally wander until i find the spot to drop one or two cities and of course to tip three or four huts for those four legged creatures....

Good strat for newbies on deity..... must learn to let it go.... its not like that in MP
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Is there still a chance to get an 'advanced tribe'?

Comment

No. BUT some people claim it has happened on very rare occasions. But I've never ever seen an advanced tribe from a hut before settling my first city.

RAH
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X