Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Theben on 01-20-2001 10:01 PM
    But if what you say truly happened, you should go back and gather some information.

Why should I lie? The info is accurate , I remember 'cause I posted it 30 minutes after the end of the game. I shared it with you because it
    it is really strange to have a nuke fest with no GW.

Thoth, maybe you have found the answer... All my cities had solar plants. Maybe having solar plants in 12 cities can NEGATE GW??

Comment

Didn't somebody figure out that after so many solar plants (5 or 6?) that global warming will effectively never happen?

Comment

each solar plant takes away 1/2 of a pollution square from global warming i think.

------------------
        - SilverDragon, scourge of the western skies

Email me at
        SilverDragon141@aol.com

Comment

Smokey
          I have neither built nor seen a nuke on my screen for years, but the way you talk about them makes me LOL.
          Thank you.
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

sure, no problem
            "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
            "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

I just ran some tests with nukes and they do definitely cause global warming, but it might be a little slower than normal pollution. It's been awhile since I had global warming in a regular game.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cubbyphan1138 on 01-22-2001 06:25 PM
                I just ran some tests with nukes and they do definitely cause global warming, but it might be a little slower than normal pollution. It's been awhile since I had global warming in a regular game.

I think we have already established that (courtesy of Smokey tha nuke). Does it happen slower than normal pollution? But the question is if solar plants (and if yes at which number) can actually prevent the world from ever experience global warming.

Comment

So Smokey, whens the multiplayer nuke fest going to be played?
                  I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                  Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Nuclear war is like rape- only fun for the one giving it, not taking it. I don't like nuke fests.

------------------
                    "Every time I hear the name "Sergent Sheets" I picture a blanket
                    with portraits of Patton, Einsenhower, MacArthur, and other WWII leaders."
                    The Brain

"One is never too old to die young." Sgt. Sheets

"The only thing greater than the United State of America is you."
                    FREE YYYH and Stewart Spink
                    We shall never forget!!
                    "One is never too old to die young." Sgt. Sheets
                    FREE YYYH and Stewart Spink
                    We shall never forget!!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sergeant Sheets on 01-23-2001 06:02 PM
                      Nuclear war is like rape- only fun for the one giving it, not taking it. I don't like nuke fests.

Oh, now that's nice.

STYOM

"I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Have i ever mentioned that i am a nuke fan

------------------
                        Back from hell....i have nothing to lose
                        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Thank you, STYOM.

Comment

quote:

<font size=1>Originally posted by Sergeant Sheets on 01-23-2001 06:02 PM</font>

Morality: always endeavour to be the one who gives it. But I guess this goes for conventional warfare as well. It's the Golden Rule: Do unto others before they do unto you.

In confirmation of 1): I've personnally had a nuclear slugfest provoking GW, and it was not industrial fallout. I don't remember if I had solar plants though.
                            [This message has been edited by SilexMT (edited January 29, 2001).]
                            Mangez en donc un char

Comment

paiktis,

The 12 solar plants will indeed have an effect on global warming, but I do not know to what extent. AFAIK, 1 solar plant= -1 polluted square.

Let me be clear on this though: nuclear pollution and industrial pollution are exactly the same as far as the AI is concerned. If something odd happened, the cause lies elsewhere.

SS: Barbarians can evolve to building nukes, but only under a heavily modified modpack or scenario. Not in the standard game.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I recall reading once of a player who, just for fun, gifted a stealth fighter to the barbs.

What happened in the game is that the fighter took off but then just moved ahead until it ran out of fuel and crashed.

Which fits rather nicely with the way the guy imagined it might have gone in reality.

A group of bizarely dressed characters approach the strange looking thing; then someone says, "Wonder what happens if you press this thing here?"; followed by a loud WOOSH which leaves an even more puzzled looking barb, trying to work out how to steer with his kness while looking down at a world moving past a tad quicker than it does on horseback!.

Maybe he'd have enough time to try to figure out how he's meant to be able to shoot his bow from inside the cockpit!

Comment

Working...
                                X