AI reputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI reputation

Ever been next to a civ that sneak attacks you every now and then? Sure it's a nice way to kick some butt while you stay Mr. Nice Guy but what happens to the Ai CIV's reputation?

Does it suffer too for breaking treaties? Will the other AI civs be become suspicious of it like they would of you if you did that? Or that too doesn't matter in AI?

my experiance as a warmonger indicates that, the ai civs don't give a damn about you being sneak attacked unless they are your allies. however, if one ai civ sneak attacks another. both will aproch you to take their side. however, they do notice when you are sneke attacked by another ai, and when you have frequent wars with them. when they want to declare war on that civ, they'll come to you and say something like"we would like you to declare war on our mutual enemies the..." this is the effect of ai reputation.
    "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
    "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

Its easier to make war in a Republic when your Reputation sucks. Make sure you despised before you try to make War as a Republic, or else the Senate passes Treaties behind your Back and you have to find the enemy's Enemy and be "forced" into war.

Reputation is as annoying as the High Council. Disregard utterly.

In MP, however, Reputation is important.

------------------
      "Every time I hear the name "Sergent Sheets" I picture a blanket
      with portraits of Patton, Einsenhower, MacArthur, and other WWII leaders."
      The Brain

"One is never too old to die young." Sgt. Sheets

"The only thing greater than the United State of America is you."
      FREE YYYH and Stewart Spink
      We shall never forget!!
      We shall never forget!!

Comment

Hi Sarge, long time no see! Why is reputation (as counted by the game) important in MP - I can see why reputation (as perceived by the other players) is important, but not the other????

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
        "The Great Library must be built!"
        "A short cut has to be challenging,
        were it not so it would be 'the way'."
        - Paul Craven
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Speaking of reputation, does anybody know what the formula is for how quickly the Player faction regains reputation? Is it even possible to regain reputation without the Eiffel Tower wonder?
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

yes. its twice as fast with eiffell tower.

------------------
            - SilverDragon, scourge of the western skies

Email me at
            SilverDragon141@aol.com

Comment

Reputation is just a stupid feature. I say never have it below dishonorable, except at the beggining of the game.

------------------
              If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

She turned me into a newt...well I got better- Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by jcarkey on 01-21-2001 03:43 PM
                Reputation is just a stupid feature.

Not quite. I hate not being able to go beyond Cease Fire and have all their units next to my cities because they think I am a bad guy. (my intentions are good )

Comment

i love having a crappy reputation. what's the worst reputation possible. and how many treties do you have to break to get there.
                  "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
                  "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smokey tha nuke man on 01-21-2001 04:52 PM
                    i love having a crappy reputation.

That's because you have the «nuke factor» Smokey

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 01-16-2001 05:46 AM
                      Hi Sarge, long time no see! Why is reputation (as counted by the game) important in MP - I can see why reputation (as perceived by the other players) is important, but not the other????

Because in SP you can merely put in your time at the game and win (unless, of course, you're stupid). But in MP if you go around backstabbing and so on, the people you play against remember you for the bastard you are. The computer forgets everytime you restart a game.

We shall never forget!!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sergeant Sheets on 01-21-2001 07:44 PM
                        Because in SP you can merely put in your time at the game and win (unless, of course, you're stupid

I am stupid

Comment

Paiktis22, I strongly doubt your self-evaluation. I also suspect that one's real reputation as a player carries over in MP, whatever the machine says about that rep. In the late game, I haven't seen any real advantage in having a good reputation. Has anyone else? Even if you are going for AC, the AIs all mistrust you, won't deal, etc. Guess I agree with Sergeant Sheets once again, although that's pretty dangerous for me, what with his "stick it" response.
                          [This message has been edited by Blaupanzer (edited January 30, 2001).]
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Everyone:

In my most recent game — standard Earth map at King level — the AI Mongols broke cease-fires with me three times in a row. Believe it or not, their reputation actually suffered a one-point hit each time they violated their word.

It doesn't always punish itself that way, though. Most of the time I have to go in and manually set their reputation lower for each treaty/cease-fire violation (same w/breaking an alliance). Didn't have to w/the AI Mongols. I don't know why, either, other than the fact that maybe breaking an agreement one turn after it's signed may be the impetus the AI needs to degrade itself regarding reputation. Or maybe it was because the Mongols were the "supreme" power at the time of the first cease-fire violation; problem is, they were only a "strong" power after the third violation, yet the reputation still went down for them.

CYBERAmazon
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

How are you viewing the Mongols' reputation value, where is this presented? My only guess would be the diplo screen but I've never really looked for it. My only other idea would be to save the game, turn on cheat mode, change civ's, press F3 and look at the description your advisor gives you. Thanks in advance for the information.

Albert B

Comment

Working...
                              X