A Question of TRADE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question of TRADE

Next to making love, I love making war. Next to that is Trade, and I have a question:

I know Marketplaces, Banks, Stock Exchanges, Roads, population and trade arrows in a city affect the coin bonus one receives. My question is that does the arrow value gained from a trade route proportionize itself with the amount of marketplaces, roads, etc. in a city, and furthermore does the number of libraries and so one affect the amount of the science bonus for a trade route, as well as effect the arrow rate between cities?

I know Xin Yu (I think that is his name- please correct if wrong) is a master of this.

Thanks.

------------------
    "Every time I hear the name "Sergent Sheets" I picture a blanket
    with portraits of Patton, Einsenhower, MacArthur, and other WWII leaders."
    The Brain

"One is never too old to die young." Sgt. Sheets

"The only thing greater than the United State of America is you."
    FREE YYYH and Stewart Spink
    We shall never forget!!
    We shall never forget!!

Marketplaces, Banks and Stock Exchanges do not have an influence on the one-time value from the route; that's only based on the amount of raw trade arrows the city produces. Since the Superhighways directly add to the raw trade arrows on squares with roads they will influence the value of the caravan/freight. The same goes for the Colossus.

The ongoing value of the trade route is also based on raw trade arrows and will be added to the city's trade arrows. Like the regular trade arrows from the city radius they are divided between tax, luxuries and science based on the rates you set and will be multiplied by markets, banks, libraries and other improvements and wonders that add a percentage to gold, luxuries and/or science.

Comment

Thank you.

------------------
      "Every time I hear the name "Sergent Sheets" I picture a blanket
      with portraits of Patton, Einsenhower, MacArthur, and other WWII leaders."
      The Brain

"The only thing greater than the United State of America is you."
      We shall never forget!!
      We shall never forget!!

Comment

Paul
        BTW do you know whether Winkler's formulas about the value of trade routes have been tested thoroughly?
        ( I am busy testing in the field of bribery and sabotaging, with ST, SG, debeest and a few others, but I intend to come back to the "true value" of trade ASAP)
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

La Fayette, The current thinking is that the Winkler formulae are good guidelines, but not absolutely accurate - there has been some effort to quantise this and finally 'get it right', but IIRC there is still some way to go on this...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
          "The Great Library must be built!"
          "A short cut has to be challenging,
          were it not so it would be 'the way'."
          - Paul Craven
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
          X