No announcement yet.

Barbarian embassy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I remember the embassy does disappear, but you receive reports of barbs gaining technology (if they do). But I've also gotten reports of barbs gaining tech evenwhen I had no embassy. I may have had Marcos, though.

Smash:
    Barbs will upgrade the units they produce. I believe it depends on the player's tech level, but AI civs may affect it. I've seen cities captured by Archers produce rifleman & infantry (modpack) units if left until endgame. I believe their units are 0-1 levels of "power" below yours (i.e., if you have cavalry, they'll produce dragoons). Trust me. In a game where Heavy Armor Design made older tanks obsolete, I watched a city that was captured by dragoons, now producing cavalry, roll out the 1st & only barbarian armor unit I've ever seen. You don't forget seeing something like that!
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

SG2
      I research communism immediately after industrialization in almost any game, which makes me unable to agree or disagree.
      One fact must be mentioned: those partisans don't appear always. Most of the time they do, sometimes they don't. I haven't found out yet, but there must be a reason why.
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by La Fayette on 01-17-2001 10:49 AM

One fact must be mentioned: those partisans don't appear always. Most of the time they do, sometimes they don't. I haven't found out yet, but there must be a reason why.

Partisans do not appear if the city is captured by a civilization that once owned the city. There may be other factors, but this one I'm pretty certain of.

*sits back and waits to be corrected*
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

La Fayette - I checked an old game to be sure!
          I always get at least one if the city is small or several from larger places.

I sometimes bribe them if not too expensive. On one occasion (all from the same city) some were vets - others were not!?
          ---------
          SG(2)
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Thoth on 01-17-2001 06:39 PM
            Partisans do not appear if the city is captured by a civilization that once owned the city. There may be other factors, but this one I'm pretty certain of.

*sits back and waits to be corrected*

Sorry, but I've gotten partisans from a city that was re-captured by the original owner, and he re-captured it shortly after I took it.

I didn't get as many as he did, though...

I think that a lot of it depends on how long you've owned the city. When it says the city was "liberated" don't expect much...
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
            X