No announcement yet.

Goody huts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5. Like DaveV, never had a nomad result that was supported. All are "NONE." Additionally, I've not noticed a pattern of not getting a new nomad while supporting one or more NONE settlers on a given continent. In fact, I often have two or three already operating on a continent when another will turn up. May just be me.

6. I've always played raging hordes. I didn't even know the 'weeds' option was possible. Have never seen it; don't want to either.

[This message has been edited by Blaupanzer (edited January 03, 2001).]
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yeah Blaupanzer, same experiences, never seen a supported settler result.

Thought that there was a limit on non-settlers on the same continent but experience has provided exceptions.

Always played at raging/deity. I agreed to play a lower setting MP game and freaked the first time I found an empty hut. Last time I agreed to that

RAH
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have often picked up a new nomad with only one or two cities started, usually when I have got a very bad starting position. (What a joy - free roads, early mines..)

It fits with my totally untested theory that the game tries to achieve what it sees as some balance between starting terrain, proximity to civs, size of landmass, starting techs and early huts.

Some times, on nice open empty terrain, I will uncover hundreds of cells without finding a single hut.

As for the weeds: we know that a random generator picks the event as you tip the hut (restarts give different results). When the random number generator returns a result that says "Barbs", it checks to see if the game is set to "Raging". If Yes, you get Barbs, if No, you get "weeds". IMHO.

Comment

Fergus Horkan
          go into the map editor, create a world with all land and you can see the hut pattern.

And from MP experience, the software has no clue on what constitutes a fair start for all civs.

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I just found a size 4 advanced tribe with temple and marketplace in the Giga Map succession game (see this thread). It was only AD 1140, but I already had the invention tech. I didn't need any improvements for happiness, since I was already in fundamentalism (via SoL).

This was MGE with the 1.3 patch.
            [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited January 04, 2001).]

Comment

suas! Good observation! I had never thought of it that way, but that is exactly my experience.

Have others here not noticed the same tendency?
              Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

You can't have more NON-settlers than you have cities: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/001103.html
                [This message has been edited by cpp (edited January 04, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                X