Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nukes Poll and the crowning of a new prince

Poll:

In the average game, do you build manhatten project before the turn before your spaceship arrives?

Yes: 1
    No: 0

Anyone who breaks the format will not have their vote counted.
    And.. Prince Silverdragon's coronation ceremony!!!!!

------------------
    Go Redskins!

Email me at
    SilverDragon141@aol.com

What? I'm at 301 and I'm not a prince?
    Edit: There we go!

------------------
    Go Redskins!

Email me at
    SilverDragon141@aol.com
    [This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited December 04, 2000).]

Comment

No: 1

never crossed my mind to.. i still wouldn't want to give the AI a chance to attack me.

Comment

No: 2

I never build it against the AI... Now, if they are stupid enough to do it
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yes 1
          no 3

i build it as soon as possible, just in case i wish to plant a nuke with my freights, kind of like a gift with a blast Don't you know you should never accept gifts from strangers.

Comment

yes 1
            no 4

I have no use for nukes; I usually go for an AC victory and even if I go for a conquest win howies will do the job just fine.

Comment

No: 5

I haven't seen a nuke unit since my Civ 1 days. And I'd like to keep it that way. To paraphrase Paul, howies and bombers are more than enough to take out the AI.

Comment

Yes: 2

I'll build Manhattan Project right at the end, unless there's another civilization around that I have security concerns about, just to pick up the extra points for the wonder on my Civilization score.
                [This message has been edited by RNF (edited December 05, 2000).]

Comment

Yes: 3

My answer is like RNF's. If I'm preserving an AI city or two as a "reservation" and their tech is no threat, I'll build it for the Wonder and the points. Other than that, I have no use for it.

Yes, of COURSE I had to try it out in one game, and that was against a truly threatening enemy. Ya know, that siren was kinda chilling . . .

(So, how long until the format gets busted by bad timing?)
                  "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Yes: 4

I build it one turn before AC landing which prevents the AI from using them against me.

Comment

yes you got my strategy exactly. unless the ai builds it, then I just conquer it. I always conquer all cities but 1.

yes: 5
                      no: 5

why would you not build it? it is free points.
                      [This message has been edited by Dissident Aggressor (edited December 05, 2000).]

Comment

The outcome against the ai is moot each time, why not build it as early as possible makes the game more entertaining if i have to deal with a possible nuke threat as well

Comment

yes:6
                          no:5

Yes, I'm building the manhattan project. Sometimes I really get angry with my enemies because they did something really bad to me (for example killing one of my settler units) and then I love it to punish them with a massive nuke-attack

[This message has been edited by Pol Pot (edited December 06, 2000).]
                          Alles ist möglich! Nichts wird uns aufhalten!
                          Solidarität mit Island!

Join the Þ ß ð ä ö ü õ - Front!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dissident Aggressor on 12-05-2000 11:03 PM

why would you not build it? it is free points.

Because I don't care at all about my score.
                            [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited December 06, 2000).]

Comment

Nukes bad!! Therefore, MP bad!!
                              SD, how did you know that you had 300 posts? Where is that tracked that we can see?
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                              X