What is your favourite color to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favourite color to play?

In the spirit of the "Who do you kill first?" question what color do you like to play. Generally I play green (Japanese) and for a change from time to time I will play blue (Vikings). What about the rest of you?

------------------
    Kitana
    Shogun of the Japanese
    Kitana
    Shogun of the Japanese

I mostlyplay as the Russians (white),and I'll customize them to the Ukrainians. This has been my way for years. Only after comming to Apolyton did I realize the advantages of the white Civs.

Comment

I have always enjoyed playing as the Germans, although i do modify some of the city names to make them correct. So I guess i am partial to the dark blue, even though they hold no real advantage, unlike the slight advantage the white civ gets.

Comment

Cyan - Americans or Chinese.

The reason for this is that cyan nations get more starting techs than others, according to Scouse Gits research. Now, the Americans or Chinese are the only two civilized cyan nations. Civilized nations get alphabet more often as a starting tech than others. Alphabet is needed for monarchy.
        http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/001522.html?43

Comment

For some reason, I'm attracted to Yellow, the Aztecs. I do vary from time to time with White being my least favorite color.

------------------
          Frodo lives!
          Frodo lives!

Comment

I play as the Americans more than any other civ, mostly because of being from here but I try to choose different civs just for the fun of it. I've never considered choosing a civ based on any advantage/disadvantage I might get.

Albert

Comment

The Anchor men to any event- Purple.........

------------------
              Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
              You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
              Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
              Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
              I see the world through bloodshot eyes
              Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Albert B on 12-18-2000 08:55 AMI've never considered choosing a civ based on any advantage/disadvantage I might get.

Albert

In conjunction with this comment and Drake's, I will sometimes play purple merely to eliminate the AI civs under that color. I hate the Mongols and Sioux and the Indians aren't far behind.

------------------
                Frodo lives!
                Frodo lives!

Comment

I don't have a favourite colour to play, but I only ever play one of the same 4 Civs - Celts, Americans, Carthaginians or Souix.
                  I've never played as a yellow, green or blue Civ.

Comment

I tend to play as one of five civs: the Persians because I'm currently living in part of the old Persian empire (Turkey); the Americans and the English because I can keep the names of their cities straight (this is why I never play as the Aztecs); and the Romans and the Sioux so I can take either the whites or the purples out of the game.

------------------
                    Dig trenches, with our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made. Here, run out and get some trenches.
                    -- Rufus T. Firefly, the original rush-builder
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Blue. I like to play as the Germans the most, but lately have been shutting my eyes, holding the down cursor, then hitting Enter just to see who I get.

I just recently played as the French for probably the first time. I like to play blue, but not the French. They would be #1 on my most hated civ list. They just always seem to give me a hard time.
                      "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

I used to always play as the americans. For something new I'm trying to win with each civ once just for the heck of it. I've still got a few to go.

Comment

All civs are great.
                          I never play with one of them twice in a row.
                          BTW have you tried the scenario called Rome that goes with the game (at least with mine)?
                          The 7 civs start with the corresponding "historical" WoW's. No other WoW is then available. Hence, no premade strategy works. You must do your best with what the civ you have chosen has got. IMO good training and great fun.
                          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly on 12-18-2000 11:36 AM...the Americans and the English because I can keep the names of their cities straight (this is why I never play as the Aztecs);

As I mentioned above, I do like to play as the Aztecs. And I must confess that I do end up pronouncing about half of their cities as "Kaopectate".

------------------
                            Frodo lives!
                            Frodo lives!

Comment

Light Blue tends to get the best deal for free techs at the beginning of the game, and the location pick is still good.

------------------
                              If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
                              A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                              Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Working...
                              X