An interesting observation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting observation...

I always wondered about this... I wonder if anyone has done this before...

So far, all tests that I have done confirm this...

I ran a test (deity large map) to see the pattern of appearance of a certain advance (monarchy in this case)

This was what I found, with no starting techs.

1. Not available
    2. Available
    3. Available
    4. Not available
    5. Available
    6. Available
    7. Not available
    8. Available
    9. Available
    10. Not available
    11. Available

The pattern was slightly different in the begging when I started with BW... but it was still the same basic patter, Available, Available, Not Available.

So far I've only done this for monarchy... hmmm... this basically means you can't go Alpha, CB, CoL and straight to monarchy...

Now I'd feel pretty dumb if someone else had already done this...
    [This message has been edited by Caesar the Great (edited December 09, 2000).]
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

this has been documented before there is a thread on this somewhere else, i think its called oedo's unfinished. Previous to that there were discussions on this topic. I believe Oedo found the pattern though.

Comment

*grumbles at that bastard oedo*

*writes his name on a list*
      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

are you sending him stocking stuffers

Comment

that bastard beat me to it by 8 days!!!

Comment

god dammit, i just created the same formula... different variables... god dammit... 4 days! oedo! 4 days!

well i guess i'm confirming his results...
            http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/001533.html

Comment

Ah so you wanted the credit is that what all the fuss is about

Comment

Yes

Comment

You get to present the award to Oedo, who i am sure must be Apolytoner of the season. To discover one new thing about civ is great but two in what three months, wow i tip my hat to the geniuses here. I nominate Caeser to hand out the awards Happy now, you get to be at the ceremonies

Comment

Oh screw you too!!

Comment

now now thats no way to speak to me just before Christmas. Rumour has it Santa was at Apolyton briefly the other day, i bet he's making a list, checking it twice, realizing CTG in naughty and not nice.... la de da de da da....

Comment

I have had enough of your insolence!! I challenge you to a duel!!

Comment

my icq is in my profile my Friend i have two hours till i need to get ready to go out

Comment

haha, i have to eat dinner in 5 mins and i'm going out then... when will you be back?

Comment

i can probably play tomorrow as i am heading to a party in two hours

Comment

Working...
                              X