Leos Workshop Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leos Workshop Upgrades

I am sure this resource is out there somewhere, but I am not quite sure where. Can anyone produce a chart or list of what each unit ugrades to upon gaining new technologies under LW?

If nothing else, could someone tell me what units are upgraded when gunpowder is discovered. I have played enough games to know, but I don't usually keep track of this.....

------------------
    I get up around seven
    Get outta bed around nine
    And I don't worry about nothin' no
    Cause worryin's a waste of my...time
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Try this thread, near the bottom of page 1: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/000897.html

Comment

Thank ya much Dave........that clears it all right up for me

------------------
      I get up around seven
      Get outta bed around nine
      And I don't worry about nothin' no
      Cause worryin's a waste of my...time
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Or just consult your unit/advance/terrain summary chart that came w/the game. I don't have it in front of me, but I'm remembering the "unit" section includes a column that tells either what the "upgrade to" or "upgrade from" unit is.

Comment

I think one upgrade stated in the link above is wrong. Do Explorers become Partisans?
          I don't usually reach Guerrilla Warfare, but playing on a Gigamap more time is spent reaching other Civs. Needless to say I had a good number of Explorers - but they didn't transform themselves into Partisans.
          The upgrade is unlikely as it would make a passive unit into an offensive one.
          -------------
          SG (2)
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Explorers to Partisans just might work, although I've never tried it. They have the same attributes (all as road, ignoze ZOC) and, I think, the same role. Don't Partisans make Explorers obsolete as well? Passive/Aggressive doesn't seem to matter since Caravels become Galleons. Does anyone know for sure what the rules are?

Comment

My gripe is that Frigates don't upgrade. My favorite ship, too.

Comment

I did a bit of poking around with Leo's workshop earlier...

It seems that a unit upgrades to the unit who's prerequsite is its obsolete tech, and if it shares a role (i.e. attack, etc.) If there are two eligible units, it goes according to the order of the unit listings, i forgot how...
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

I tested the explorer/partisan upgrade using the cheat menu. Explorers did not turn into partisans. However, when I went in into the units editor and changed the partisan's role from defense to attack, it did upgrade.

Trireme, Caravel, Galleon, and Transport all have the role of "Sea Transport." When I changed teh caravel role to "Naval Superiority," it did not upgrade.

So they definitely have to be the same role. But the role of units may not be what we expect. Explorers have a role of attack. This must be to trick the AI into moving it around looking for something to kill. If you gave them an attack of 1, the AI would probably throw them against city walls.

Comment

Working...
                  X