Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCC Fortnight #9: Discussion, Logs etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCC Fortnight #9: Discussion, Logs etc...

Does anyone have one ready to go or do i have to wait until next week? and yes, i know i'm being impatient - the youth of today hey?!?!!?
    "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
    ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

You've certainly got the bug - I told you it was seriously addictive didn't I?

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I did up a scenario a few weeks ago which we could use. I can't remember now why I didn't consider it done yet. I probably wanted to tweak the names of the AI leaders, but that doesn't seem too important now.

I don't think it's been two weeks yet though, so we might be getting ahead of ourselves by starting a new game now. Thoughts? (p.s. Oldman, you can always play OCC 5 or 6 if you have the urge).

Comment

Yeah, i just checked the dates, and i am a little early!!! maybe i'll try occ5, i did 6 week before last!! But i didn't do too well - Doh!!!

I always found civ addictive!!! but because the occ games are sooooo quick to play, i'm just lovin' it!!!!!

Comment

Now it's been a fortnight!!!! anybody...

Comment

OK, I've just emailed Paul a scenario for OCC 9.

As mentioned in my above post, I created this scenario a couple of months ago, but didn't polish it up. Oh well.

An important note: you are IN CONTACT WITH ALL AI CIVS FROM THE OUTSET. I'd hate for someone to get a few dozen turns along and then realize that.

I don't remember much about the map, except for one important feature that everyone will discover soon enough. So I'm going to play the game too.

edited in the bold
            [This message has been edited by Tom DeMille (edited May 17, 2000).]

Comment

Download here. Play as the Mongols.

Comment

Thanks Paul, I'm just bumping this thread so those OCCers out there will realize there is now a game available for OCC 9.

Comment

Typical ain't it??!?! I start this thread a week ago, early i admit!!! and i'd just started creating my own occ scenario and you guys post one ahead of me?!?!!?

And Tom, do you have to put cryptic clues in!?!?! i mean, here i am at work, i won't get home until 7 tonight. So that's 5 and a half hours i've got to wait!??! and it's going to drive me insane?!?!?! argh!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

And Tom, The Mongols? The Mongols? i just know i'm going to get carried away and start charging across the land on horse back destroying anything that moves?!?!?! I'm going to forget about researching and take over the world, it's sort of like a london thing only with Mongols, if you know what i mean??

Comment

quote:

i just know i'm going to get carried away and start charging across the land on horse back destroying anything that moves

Good, because I've given you several horsemen for the purpose

[This message has been edited by Tom DeMille (edited May 18, 2000).]

Comment

OK,
                        Henceforth let it be known that I will be known to all as Richard Head (Dick to my friends). I get my best ever OCC result (1769) and what do I do? I close Wordpad and blithely answer 'No' when it asks me if I want to save the log.

What a map! A great starting site, lots of food, and rivers and the ability to mine the grain squares for trade later on. Enough units to keep the population in order early on and still go hut hunting. (Tom, that 'tunnel beneath the world' was a Godsend.) Being in contact with all the other civs from the start let me get Alliances with all of them from turn 1 which, coupled with the decision to give away techs like they were going out of fashion, paid off in the long run. I never really had any problem with getting enough money to rush build as required.

Having said all that, I still think my result (AC in 1769) is going to look pretty poor compared with the rest of you. I screwed up big time by having my Trireme come all the way back from dropping off caravans when I was trying to grow the city with WLTPD. If I'd only disbanded it immediately, I could have cut several years off. I also miscalculated the number of shields I would get per turn at the end which meant I had to waste a number of freights to get structurals built in 1 turn until I could develop the squares properly. Oh well, you live and learn.

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by redbaron (edited May 18, 2000).]</font>
                        [This message has been edited by redbaron (edited May 18, 2000).]

Comment

Tough luck Richard old boy!!! good landing year though, i haven't started it yet, so i've got a week of occ-ing ahead of me!!!

I'm guessing you must have played through the whole scenario in one sitting, how long did that take you? I never manage to play through it all in one go!! normally it'll take me a couple of 5 hour sittings and a last one just to mop up the space race!! Am i playing this game super-slowly or something?!?!?!

Comment

Not by me you're not - an OCC takes me about 13 to 15 hours (and my machine is four or five times faster than yours) - maybe start this one with SG2 this evening - or better yet, pursuade him to have a go himself!
                            Good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Well that makes me feel better!!! Yeah, i think my pc does kind of slow me down a bit, but it's mostly when the monitor goes all funny and displays everything in a luminous shade of green!?!? funky!

So whats the deal with the 2 of you playing the game together? should i get a handicap for that!??! maybe start 500 years before you guys!!?!? Please? pretty please... maybe...??

Comment

Working...
                              X