empty huts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• empty huts

this topic came up in Jim W's thread and rather than threadjack it i figured i'd start a new thread.

to summarize:
    some people have not gotten empty huts while others have. what are the determining factors as to what causes empty huts? difficulty level? barb activity level? version of civ?

i have gotten empty huts, but i don't remember in which games and therefor what the particular settings were. i have gold edition.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

im playing SM's Civilization 2 SP

if you're asking for the exact number I dont even know...I tried to find out if I needed the patch or not...but I found out nowhere within the game files what exact version it is. know how?

[FOR RENT] Luxurious 4 bedroom 2 bath signature space, excellent neighborhood, $1500/mnth OBO

Comment

don't recall how to get the precise numbers...

but no i was wondering if you had regular civ, fw, gold, etc. so thanks.

apparently its not version dependent....
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

its not that it happens every hut its just that it happens often enough to the point it seems like another part of the game to me...

I would start a game on a default map, resources not reandomized, and find one of these huts. And try it with all the settings to see if its just created when map is created or if really does depend on the barbs and what not.

but of course I could have no idea what Im talking about - who knows? I dont

[FOR RENT] Luxurious 4 bedroom 2 bath signature space, excellent neighborhood, $1500/mnth OBO

Comment

I've tipped thousands of huts in single-player, and haven't seen an empty one since my first couple games (before I moved up to Deity/Raging). Most of this is version 2.42, but some MGE also.

I've tipped quite a few huts in MP, too, and I'd say the same rule applies. The only game I can recall seeing any empties was at King/restless.

Comment

Only play raging hordes, never seen an empty hut. Didn't even know it was possible. Played well over 200 SP games past 1 AD on the 2.42 patch.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Since adding patch 1.3 I can't remember seeing an empty hut. This was discussed in another thread, but I'm too lazy to find it today.

Always play Raging/Deity

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I can't speak on single player, or levels below King.
                In multiplayer, King/Emporer/Deity levels,I have certainly gotten empty huts.
                I don't consider this to be a rarity.

Comment

Geez, I wish I could claim I never get empty huts. I've gotten quite a few in a current MP game with raging hordes........still, an empty village is better than the dreaded red...........
                  I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                  Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

What does it say when you tip an empty hut? Nothing? Some cute saying?
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

"Village Lies in Ruins."
                      "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                      Jonathan Swift

Comment

i cant remember any time when i have gotten an empty hut... but i always played on raging hordes - i like the barbs you see

Comment

I think it could be the level played at. When I played a lot of games at Emperor level, I got the occasional hut which gave the message "This village has long been abandoned" and got nothing.

However since playing at Deity and with OCC I haven't come across empty huts.

Comment

last night i played in a villages only game
                            I got empty huts while my opponent got tons of advanced tribes, hence he kicked our asses.

On raging hordes i rarely see a hut that is empty, in fact i can't remember off the top of my head ever getting one, although i am sure i must have.

IMO the harder the barb level, the less chance of huts being empty, but i have no REAL proof of this

Comment

I get them all the time

my settings are normally:

large random map 120x75

warlord

7 civs

roving bands

select comp players ON

bloodlust no spaceships ON

hope this helps your research into the anomaly that is "The Empty Hut"

[This message has been edited by Ridock The Savage (edited November 13, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X