Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submarines, pre-rocketry

I've just noticed something in my current game

the AI (who is behind me in naval tech) is always trying to kill my cruisers (strongest naval unit) first.
    And although a cruiser can survive several attacks, it isn't immortal.
    so, what to do?
    well, (I should mention at this time that I've got Magellans) in stead of sending a 2 cruiser patrol, i sent a cruiser/submarine patrol to any the AI.
    My cruiser checks things out towards the enemy shoreand then pulls back, the sub lies waiting underneath the cruiser or one square behind it.

The AI comes storming out of his shipyards and attacks my cruiser (at least half of his attack fleet is short on MP and fails to attack)
    next turn, my sub mops up the strongest enemy ships and the cruiser takes care of the rest.
    if eigther ship is badly damaged, replace it and leave the other one in place.

anyone got any other of the tactical ideas?

What about carriers? Do you have AdFl?

Comment

LOADS of ships!!!!!
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like a good combo. Later, upgrade to AEGIS and sub. I like destroyer and sub more, though. So what if I'm a cheapskate.

Comment

I do have AdFlt actually, it's just, this combo is a lot cheaper and still kill's a lot of enemy ships

Comment

sub and cruiser? i just use battleships...
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

But with a (place ship name here)/sub combo, you don't usually have to wrry about cruise missles, whereas the AI will just fire to all heck whever they see a battleship.

Comment

and while they're busy missiling my battleships (which i'll rotate to prevent loss) my forces are busy taking the ai cities.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                X