A new Challenge:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Challenge:

Have y'all read the thread about trying to survive the whole game with one city defended by phalanxes only?

Here's a new challenge. And it should be interresting to see if it can be done.

Large world, 7 civs, raging hoards, continents, large land mass (or the world map if you prefer). Restart civs.

You are allowed 1 city till 1920. Techs allowed are Monarchy and it's prerequisites, writing, and map making up to that point. One other tech of your choice is allowed, but musn't be used to build anything. This is allowed just in case the last tech you need isn't offered.

Only wonder allowed to that point is light house.

Units allowed up to this point, Phalanxes, warriors, dips, and triremes. Maybe one more advanced boat type before then(bribe, of course, since you haven't the tech), since the light house will have expired by then.

Enter no huts before 1920.

You have from 1920 to 2020.

Conquer the world.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited November 07, 2000).]</font>
    [This message has been edited by Matthew (edited November 07, 2000).]
    The camel is not a part of civ.
    THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
    SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

You are also allowed 1 settler.

------------------

THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!

SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!
    THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
    SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

That is impossible. Case Closed.

*Flees ming's lawyers*

Comment

And people thought OCC was impossible too...
        HA HA HA HA HA HA...
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If I remember correctly Ming, you were among the doubters.

I'll be surprised if someone doesn't wind up doing this well before the deadline.

------------------

THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!

SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!
          THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
          SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

Yeah... I was a one of the doubters at first on OCC... but also one of the first to post that I had done it

With the group we have, I'm sure it will be done
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Matthew on 11-07-2000 01:59 AM
              Have y'all read the thread about trying to survive the whole game with one city defended by phalanxes only?

That's easy. I have played OCC games in which I never had a military unit in my city.

quote:

You are allowed 1 city till 1920. Techs allowed are Monarchy and it's prerequisites, writing, and map making up to that point. One other tech of your choice is allowed, but musn't be used to build anything. This is allowed just in case the last tech you need isn't offered.

Well, sometimes an AI will have landed by that date. If the AI's are significantly pre-flight, however, it may be possible. You need to position diplomats (you will have hundreds) near all AI cities. The extra tech will have to be Fundamentalism or maybe Espionage.

Very boring though, since it's 99,9% luck.

------------------
              If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
              A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
              Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

my first attempt isn't going so well. Defense is not a problem. I'm alone on a small continent, except for an Aztec city that I see as an easy couple of techs. The only civ real close is the Germans, so that was my first target hoped for. Everyone else is a good distance away. Problem is, in 1880, with around 15 cities, those fundamentalist ****** now have around 125 units. I don't believe I'm going to be able to take any of those huge lucious cities early as I had hoped. I can probably take out a few civs, but because of distance it could be hard.

------------------

THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!

SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!
                THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
                SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X