The Kamikaze Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kamikaze Attack

C'mon...tell the truth. Each one of you have utilized the kamikaze air strike to sink a ship knowing your air unit would never return to base...SHOGUN GUNNER expects that you gave them the dignity of a Tea Ceremony before you sent them to meet their fate in the divine wind!!!!

It's even more fun to do this when you are Fundy gov't. I like thinking of the headlines in the newspapers around my civ glove denouncing me and my fanatical gov't. I imagine scathing foreign news reports about the inhumane enemy hordes they are facing. I picture the shattering images on their TVs of my strike forces wreaking havoc among the innocent nations of the civ globe. Jihad!!!!!!

I confess to such a ruthless tactic.
    Haven't been here for ages....

Oh, yeah. I've done it. Sometimes because I need to and sometimes just for fun. Having another fighter in the home city helps for those AI bomber strikes that come up after the end of your turn. Losing one doesn't hurt if you've got reinforcements at home.
    "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

When you're a fundamentalist, you've got more money than you know what to do with. Whats another plane?
      There really is nothing scarier than a crazy fundamentalist ruler, thats for sure........
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

i've used kamikaze attacks on cities but not ships
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Yep. I use it on cities but not ships.

Comment

Isn't the Cruise Missile just the unit designed for this? It costs less to build and is more powerful and farther ranging although you'd still need quite a few of them to sink your vet Battleship.

Comment

The cruise missile is precisely this in real life, a one-way kamikaze "baby airplane," without the pilot. Even democratic forms can use this with impunity. So why not the same in the game.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

you all are in the precense of the king of the kamikaze's, da smokes kamikazes all over the place. my nukes kill enemies and allies alike. my cruise missles strike fear in the hearts of battleships at sea, cause where there's one, da smokes has many many many more waiting to strike. my bombers are built with the sole intent of dying in some god forsaken continent. my fighters die everywhere, but so do all my foes. anyone want to try to write an article about da smokes. ?
                [This message has been edited by Smokey tha nuke man (edited November 02, 2000).]
                "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
                "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

Well, are all so skilled ?
                  Me, I have to admit to a few "unfortunate" kamikazes.
                  A simple miscaculation of moves on a patrol, and unless you cheat you cannot go back to your airbase. Then the best way to go is to go in style.

------------------
                  Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
                  Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 11-03-2000 05:47 AM
                    A simple miscaculation of moves on a patrol, and unless you cheat you cannot go back to your airbase. Then the best way to go is to go in style.

Can't deny that... I have to admit to being the unintended kamikaze...

Flying a bomber back into base when you hit the down arrow twice too quickly...

Naval Command Center: "B-52, Go due South, Over."

Pilot of B-52: "NCC, Heading due south, roger."

Co-Pilot of B-52: "NCC, ENEMY SUB SPOTTED DUE SOUTH!!!"

Naval Command Center: "Roger, understood, B-52."

Naval Command Center: "B-52, Go South, Over."

Crash....BOOM!
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

quote:

<font size=1>Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 11-03-2000 05:47 AM</font>

You can make it a habit of <u>counting</u> though. 7 moves forward and 7 moves back. It's not really advisable to make these critical moves when you've been at the game for two hours without a break. As in real life, tiredness => lapse of concentration => unintentional kamikaze.
                      [This message has been edited by tonic (edited November 06, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                      X