HELP - Isaac not thinking right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - Isaac not thinking right

In the game I'm playing right now, I just built Isaac in my palace city that has the Colossus and a Colosseum under Democracy. It had been generating 31 in science (at 80% rate) and when I build Isaac...nothing happens. The next after finishing Isaac, it still shows 31. I know there were discussions on whether it doubles or 50%, but unless I've been out of the loop too long, shouldn't it show some increase? Help please?

da smokes says that never happened to him. usually, it doubles. have ya tried reloading the game from the turn before you finished figs?
    "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
    "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

Ike's is 50%

I just played around with the cheat menu and it seems Sir Isaac's has no effect without improvements(library,university,research lab)
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

With any of the Wonders that enhance resources, you have to have something there for them to increase.

The documentation is very poor in many ways. Copernicus and Issac's actually operate on the library and/or University, for example. If you don't have a library, then a 50% increase of zero is still zero. Some other Wonders operate on other city improvements in the same way.

It is perfectly OK to build a Wonder in a city that is not ready to use it (to make sure you have it), but you must remember to built the city improvement soon after to get any advantage from it.

------------------
        Proud participant in GameLeague...

Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance...
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Thanks, that's exactly what happened. After all of the time playing Civ2, this was a first for me. Normally I would have a library built before Copernicus and Isaac, but since I had missed out on Copernicus and the Vikings were about finished with Isaac, I had to dump off the caravans to get Isaac built. Two turns later I had a Library built and Mr. Newton started thinking real good.

Comment

"Can I study and learn alone on the cold, hard streets? Build science improvements majesty and reap the benefit of wondrous new technologies!"
            <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by East Street Trader (edited October 31, 2000).]</font>
            [This message has been edited by East Street Trader (edited November 01, 2000).]

Comment

/
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
              X