Formula for Tributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula for Tributes

Early in a recent game I got 1400 gold from the Sioux during first contact with them. This was a lot more than I could recall getting before and it got me wondering what factors influence the amount of tribute (if any) that the AI surrender. I always assumed it was somehow related to your relative strength with the AI civ.
    Is this true and how is this strength measured. Any ideas gratefully received.

I suspect it's a combination of how strong you are, how weak they are and how much cash they have. I've never managed that much in one hit, though. The other day I went back to the Sioux six turns in a row and extracted a couple of hundred each time. Very nice too. Particularly from the usually warmongering Sioux.

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Yeah, that's quite a bit for one tribute. The most I've ever gotten is probably a quarter of that figure.

Your military presence on the same continent as the AI has a great deal to do with what you get for tribute. Good reputation is also a big plus.

And don't even bother asking if playing SP with MPG.

------------------
      "The pain of war cannot exceed,
      The woe of aftermath.
      The drums will shake the castle wall,
      The ring wraiths ride in black." – Led Zeppelin, “The Battle of Evermore”

"...Valhalla I am coming...” – Led Zeppelin, “Immigrant Song”

Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance
      [This message has been edited by Bohlen (edited October 05, 2000).]
      "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

Yes Bohlen that may explain the size of the tribute. All my cities were on one land mass and I think the Sioux only had one city on that continent.

Comment

I've got over 1000 gold when tehy are asking me to declare war on an opponent, but i've never gotten that much just for tribute.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SandMonkey on 10-06-2000 09:55 AM
            I've got over 1000 gold when tehy are asking me to declare war on an opponent, but i've never gotten that much just for tribute.

Happened to me too in an OCC fortnight game. It was almost near the AC landing date and from memory a whooping 2500 gold was offered for declaring war on another AI civ. Alas my max for straight out tribute is 150.

Comment

I've had quite a whack offered before for declaring war, along with good advances, but the most I've had in tribute was 550, at the first contact with the Chinese the other day.

Tiz

Comment

I have been offered 1928 gold (entire treasury) to make peace, against an AI that went on to beat me to AC! (partly because I assumed they were so weak that they could not catch up).

Comment

okay, here's what all da smokes knows about tribute amounts. first off, if the other tribe is worshipful and allied with you, your gonna get something if you haven't already asked. if your spotless rep with supreme power, the other tribe being much weaker than you, your getting a lot ( especially if all four prev. things are there at once) finaly, if they're loded compared to you, and your at war with one of there worst enemies, combined with the others, and your gonna get some serious cash. course, having nukes, being agresive, and kicking the crap out some rich bastard land is always a good way to get cash. hoped da smokes taught ya somethin.
                  "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
                  "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

Hey smokey, you ever get to unleash your nuclear arsenal on a human player in a MP game? I am curious cuz I've never seen a nuke battle in mp games.......
                    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

no, but da smokes is looking foward to doin it one of these days. i'll be under smokey rules which are : 1. no sdis 2.0 no treaty breaking for human players unless your atleast 3 techs behind the guy you wanna cross, or u have less than 100 gold, or it's after 1800, or nuke age. everything e;se is up to the other player(s).
                      "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
                      "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

Working...
                      X