Civ-Oddities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ-Oddities

I don´t think I´m not the only one who has seen odd things in this game (e.g. the AI´s weird behaviour ). But this is a thing I haven´t seen before in my "career":

I searched the map for huts, and saw an irrigated square with roads WITH A HUT ON IT??!
    How could that happen?

Has anyone seen such a thing, too? Or was it just too late at night?

yes I have seen it.Thats why I thought the MP hut trick might be an AI cheat that somehow how carried over to non host civs.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

This probably has to do with what Caesar found, that the AI irrigates without the use of a settler. They just plop the irrigation down where they need it....

Comment

Yes, and perhaps the AI city was destroyed later, leaving behind irrigation and roads in the middle of nowhere.

------------------
        If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

I've watched what Ribannah described happen as barbs destroyed a nearby civ. I was then able to re-colonize near there and use the pre-improved square.
          yes

Comment

Hm. Sounds ... fine.
            Is it true that a nuke partly destroys the improvements in it city radius? I think I have noticed something like that.
            Is it random what is destroyed?

Comment

But if a square is roaded and/or irrigated,theoretically,there should be no hut.The hut would have been opened by the settler that did the irrigation.

The cheat menu shows me that the ai has to road snd irrigate manually.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash - in the Great Library - List of AI cheats thread Lews Therin proposed that the AI could improve terrain without settlers/engineers and Caesar supported this with experimental trials. The perhaps more interesting aspect is, "Did the AI ever work this improved square?". Since, as we all know, if the human player works a hut it vanishes ...
                Good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                "The Great Library must be built!"
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Ok.I guess I didn't watch it long enough. I just saw it.Irrigation and a road appeared for a civ that no settlers.

Typically.it appeared on a tundra square

Comment

Chainsaw,

It has been my experience that a Nuke does indeed detroy terrain improvements around your city. I think the damage is random, but I wouldn't be suprised to find out that it isn't...
                    Novi Nomad

Comment

Re the AI getting improvements free, huh??? Why on earth does it use settlers to work the land most of the time? And why doesn't it have decently worked city-radii, it never seems to get it right. Very wierd.
                      "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
                      - Samuel Palmer

Comment

That AI habit of irrigating everything should go in the Dumb AI thread also--I never fail to surround AI cities that have lots of irrigation, so I can tear it up and starve them out and then buy them out.
                        As for oddities, I've seen the AI try to sneak units around the poles while I wasn't looking, and when I caught them at it, they would fortify themselves on the spot I caught them at, and even though I bribed the unit in the fortress and sent it back to one of my cities, the AI would send another one right to the same place and sit in the fortification. Then it would send more, and more, all the while they are trying to fend off my attack on their mainland. I've also gotten two or three barbs out of a goody hut on the poles, only to have the barbs disappear in the same turn. The poles must be some kind of Bermuda triangle in the game. Lots of strange things happen there.

Comment

Oh yeah...I have seen a road...along the whole pole...

Comment

Lfk, Barbs that move onto or are created on a Glacier square instantly vanish - thin boots I guess

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                            "The Great Library must be built!"
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I've seen it...

Comment

Working...
                              X