Omygodomygodomygod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omygodomygodomygod

I just found what I think may be a clue in the neverending search for the 5 special site. I just found 2 specials that only had one regular square between them. I looked at the coordinates, and guess where one of the specials was? The infamous '0' axis.

i have seen three in a pattern that wasnt' the norm... never five though

Comment

I got four in a non-standard pattern something like
      oxoxo
      ooooo
      oocoo
      xoooo
      oooxo
      where c is the city, x the specials - you can see it in the Arthur Scenario I set up 6 months ago - I think smash revisited it recently....

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

A few times I've had random maps where the specialties didn't follow the usual (1,4)-jump pattern over the entire map. No 5-specialties sites though, in fact even 4-specialties sites were impossible with that alternative pattern.

------------------
        If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

The "0" axis can cause some strange things... especially if you are using a "smaller than small" custom size map. I play on those alot, but have never seen a 5 special. But, is it impossible... who knows
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And don't forget about the 0 axis bonus. If cities are on different sides of the axis, they can share resourse spaces.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The mythical 5 ressources pattern !
              I had posted such a topic in the help forum a few months ago. You might want to take a look at it : http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum5/HT...tml?date=14:13
              Quite frankly, I don't believe it to be possible.
              Strange 4r patterns yes, as has just been said, but 5r no ! and believe me that I have tried.

------------------
              Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
              Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-19-2000 08:33 PM
                I got four in a non-standard pattern something like
                oxoxo
                ooooo
                oocoo
                xoooo
                oooxo
                where c is the city, x the specials - you can see it in the Arthur Scenario I set up 6 months ago - I think smash revisited it recently....

That's exactly what I had. Except because of the famous two cities using the same terrain on opposite sides of the zero axis trick, I was getting unbelievable production off of a mined, railroaded coal. Oh, and I had a mined railroded gold too. Even Better.

Comment

i am unaware as to what the "0" axix is

------------------
                  Do you shovel snow in your birkenstocks?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mercantile on 10-20-2000 01:37 PM
                    i am unaware as to what the "0" axix is

Think of it as the International Date Line of the round map (flat maps naturally don't wrap around). Codewise, if you have a 50x50 map, its where columm 50 meets column 1.

------------------
                    Sleep is a luxury and I don't have Shakespeare's Theatre in my back yard.
                    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Thanks Scouse Gits, i would have had no clue otherwise

Comment

Merc... In the duel we are playing (and one which I think you hinted you wanted to conceed so that we can start a new one), open up the full map and look at the two cities I have on either side of the 0 axis. You will see that both of them are using the same whale.

Most maps usually don't have land crossing the 0 axis, but with the small maps we usually use, it happens more often. It's a good trick to know
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

isn't this a cheat Ming

I had no idea at all that one could do this. So am i too assume that the date line so to speak allows for multiple resources then between cities. In all the games we play, is this option available? Or do i have to go looking for it

BTW Ming , i was merely hinting that my end is near, the prophets have told me so

------------------
                          Do you shovel snow in your birkenstocks?

Comment

It's not cheating if you conceed

Cities built on either side of the 0 axis can both use any square they can reach on the other side.
                            Whenever you start a game... flick through the map so you KNOW where the 0 axis is. This will also give you a clue on which way might be the best way to expand
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Pah concession isn't a word in my vocabulary. However if your troops don't want to play with us anymore then say so

Comment

Working...
                              X