a diplomatic challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a diplomatic challenge

I haven't posted this idea since I figured most of you would be too impatient to do this.

the challenge is: OCC until your spaceship lands, then keep playing until you cover the world. with the following restrictions:
    You may never declare war
    you may not conquer a city (only bribe it)
    winning conditions have each AI civ with only one city

you may, however, found as many cities of your own as you like.
    You may also feel free to goad the AI into declaring war on you.

I am having success on warlord level, and it's taking m e until close to 3000, but I'm not as good as some of you. But I don't know if you guys will have the patience to do this.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

lemme get this straight. you sayin we should try to play a game without declaring war, taking a city with nukes, cover the whole map, an keep the comp. from building more than 1 city? let da smokes know if i mssed somethin. otherwise, i ain't gonna try it. to much work.nice idea though
    "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
    "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

Well, he said we could bribe, and he didn't say the other civs couldn't build more than one city. He just said that they had to end up with one city. It'd be tough nonetheless. Not impossible, but tough. The enemy will declare war on us, so I assume thats ok. And what about attacking AI units?
      Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

one thing I was thinking of was that you could go fundy and starve out a city, placing fanatics on all its production squares, then send in the spies to destroy city walls, then pound it until it dissappears and plant your own city.
        Or you could starve it and destroy improvements until it's really cheap and buy it.
        Rinse, repeat.
        one of the reasons it's taking me so long is that I am staying a democracy, and only buy fully developed cities, subverting for 2x gold. I often have to shop around for cheap cities. the americans were bothering me for a while, refusing to change from democracy, but then they went fundy suddenly and sneak attacked. during those 2 turns, I went and bought their city with mikes and bachs in it. they were not happy.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

seems like its a pretty straight-forward task (of course those are my 2 most common ways of playing) Just effectively delay your spaceship launch a few turns by trading fewer techs to the AI and you shouldn't even have a problem with the AI attacking you with capable weapons...

I'm assuming that AI's destroyed by barbs/other AIs don't count against each AI having 1 civ, since quite often in my OCC games, 1-3 of the other AIs tend to bite the dust in inter-AI conflicts.
          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Working...
          X