No announcement yet.

Aurelius' OCC comparison game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do, all I get is a blank page with the word Civilized in the top left corner.

Must be a Y2K thing.

The e-mail in my profile is good, thanks!

Carolus

Comment

Right click?What the heck is that?I'm on a MAC. I figured it out.Its option click for us. It worked.I got something that resembles a "read me"But I dont know how to convert I got get a real comp.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Strange,

Even I have problems downloading Paul's ir.sav file--the latest comparison game. My own file works fine but not the comparison file....and smash, I have a real computer....if pentium II is real. I think I'm going to get an Apple next.

Also, Smartfart sent me a file and it doesn't work.

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit ignorant of computer glitches. Thought I was savvy...but no, I'm not.

Hope all resolves itself.

Aurelius (and dat is my first unhappy face at apolyton)
        Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
        >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

I have added to my site a zip file containing all the comparison games on my site. This was done mostly for new people who could download everything at once, but maybe this would also help the people with download problems? Anyway, you can find it at http://members.home.nl/paulvdb/occ.zip

Please let me know if this works. I have also made some small updates to the strategy guide. It now includes the wonder/ss-part trick and the "give away all your science" strategy.
          [This message has been edited by Paul (edited May 06, 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Paul,

That zipped file worked great--fool proof. Bogg's game looks fun.

Aurelius.

------------------
            Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

Comment

It took me an hour to figure out what OCC meant. Then I spent an hour trying to find the OCC user's guide. If it's in the archives, I can't locate it. Can someone help? TIA.

Bob Higdon

Comment

Link to Paul's OCC strategy site http://home.planet.nl/~belt0018/occ.htm

Plan on at least another hour to win the thing!

Paul - Markos ought to add a link to your site. I forgot to bookmark it the first time I pulled it up and it took me a while to track it down. (good work again)
                Be the bid!

Comment

Sten, I just submitted the OCC guide to the Apolyton links directory, so you can now find it when you click on "links" at the bottom of the page.

Comment

I originally posted my log here but have since found the more appropriate thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/000868.html?1#1

Post-January 2000 OCCers have some advantage through access to improved techniques eg the oedo Rule.
                    [This message has been edited by tonic (edited October 12, 2000).]

Comment

OK, we're playing
                      Presently researching Democracy in 1 AD.
                      What happened to the Whites??

------------------
                      If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
                      A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                      Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Just finished, landed in 1516 with the 15-1-1-1-1-1 spaceship. Will post my log later.

Tonic, the Revolt Olympiad was known before. It may have been mentioned at alt.civ ages ago, can't remember for sure.

------------------
                        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...

Comment

Ribannah:
                          The Revolt Olympiad? The context escapes me

BTW those AC Landing dates of yours are getting minimal - will have to study your logs for your inspiration

Comment

tonic: I think Rib is referring to the oedo years (every four turns)

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                            "The Great Library must be built!"
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

An olympiad is a period of 4 years (generalized to 4 turns in this context).

------------------

Comment

Still a full pat on the back for oedo for making this better known here. I'm one of those who have profitted from this knowledge!

Comment

Working...
                                X