Aurelius' OCC comparison game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurelius' OCC comparison game

As Aurelius mentioned in the 1803 record thread he sent me an OCC comparison game. If you want to try it you can download it from http://members.home.nl/paulvdb/ir_b4000.sav

You start at a city site with two whales and a silk with knowledge of Alphabet, Bronze and Masonry. As Aurelius mentioned he finished the game in 1877.

I have started playing this game and am currently in 220 AD. The game is going well so far; I just made some mistakes in my first WLTCD round because I forgot to look at my citizens. This caused some delays in the celebrations. I'll keep you all updated on how things go on in the rest of the game.

I suggest we do this like we did it with the earlier OCC comp games: we should make a seperate thread for the logs so that people who haven't played the game yet don't read them. We should keep this thread for general information like landing dates or "I'm doing fine" or "it's going bad" messages that wouldn't give other players information about the map and the other civs in the game.
    [This message has been edited by Paul (edited May 06, 2000).]

I'm now at 1100 AD and a record still looks very well possible.

Comment

It's now afternoon where I live. Just had my first coffee. Yeah, last night, I stayed up past 4:00 in the morning playing my second game of OCC. In the second position, I thought that I had stumbled upon a great starting position! So the last thing I did before hitting the sack was send Paul the game. And now, Like a devoted civer I turn on the computer and go to apolyton. I'm glad to see the game has not ended.

Aurelius.
      Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
      >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

Go AeruLius

I need to get with this whole "OCC" craze. I am to dang busy with the Rome SCN. I love that thing. But I promise i will into OCC soon. Is Gonhdi in you game?

------------------
        Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
        Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

Comment

Go AeruLius

I need to get with this whole "OCC" craze. I am to dang busy with the Rome SCN. I love that thing. But I promise i will into OCC soon. Is Gonhdi in you game?

------------------

-Genghis Al

Comment

Maybe Indira.
            Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
            >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

Ahh, no she no better!

------------------

-Genghis Al

Comment

Paul, could you please check the link? I can't download the game.

Carolus

Comment

BTW, another piece of useless information.

That was my first Apolyton post this millenium (just in case you haven't had enough of the hype).

YIHAAAAA!

Carolus

Comment

It works fine for me. Please try again and if it still doesn't work I will email it to you.

Comment

I have mailed it to you.

Comment

CIVILIZEðý
                        ð

this is what appears for me.Weird
                        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Could you try right-clicking on the link? You should get a pop-up menu where one of the options should be something like "save link to". If that also doesn't work please let me know and I will mail it to you.

By the way, I just finished the game and landed in 1775.

Comment

Can anyone help me..... when i download any file now .... my comp automatically uses word program to open the file which results in my not being able to use the file i just downloaded.... ..

How can i change this so that i can use different programs to open downloaded files.... by mistake i clicked on the word program and the button for always use this file..... before anyone tells me i am stupid.... I ALREADY KNOW THIS....

I am at a loss for what to do other than resetting my computer and having to back up everything to disks.... ie icq list and personal info..... any help would be appreciated thank you

------------------
                            They call me Mr. Fierce

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Heh, heh, heh...

Same thing happened to me with a different program. Feels good to know I'm not the only computer dummy around here.

HELP!

Carolus

[This message has been edited by Carolus Rex (edited January 03, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X