Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible?

I could be crazy but...
    What about trying to to force another civ to win a OCC. You have to pick an ai civ, make sure he doesn't build any other cities. Then ensure his survival and get him a spaceship victory. (by giving him a lot of stuff)Am I crazy, is this even worth trying?

It might be hard to induce them to build spaceship parts. Maybe if you had one going yourself?

Comment

It could be fun ...
      The way I see it, one should do everything to win, except launch and attack and destroy all other civs.
      What I am afraid of, is that the AI wouldn't launch himself. Yes, I think I should build the slowest spaceship and launch it to provoke the AI. It always seem to wait for you
      But it should be possible ...
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Tt is a fascinating idea. I have a saved game of an ICS game I was playing. I'm going to try isolating and penning in the indians and giving them a bunch of techs. conquer everyone else while I'm at it. I'll see if I can make this work.

It might not work. that Ghandi is a warmongering bastard.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Sounds like a huge challenge - the hardest part, IMO, would be to get them to build the spaceship in a reasonable amount of time with one city - they need to be encouraged to rush-buy - they need to be encouraged to build a factory, etc...
          You could gift them tons of gold.
          You could do all the mining and RRing for them to help out their production.
          If they started building military units, you could try to sabatage their production
          -freshman

Comment

Bump!

I'm still working on it. I'll use freshman's ideas. if I sabotage, they may be even more dedicated to military. the only thing I want to sabotage is Smokey Da Nuke Project.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

will an ai with 1 city ever build a SS part?
              somehow I don't think so.

You could use the high score plan of pounding ai to one city then gift and gift and gift.And hope.I think the timer would run out......
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Yes!
                I remember my first game at Deity having a "Zoo" city. It kept asking for techs from time to time which I provided. I was trying to build up a huge empire before starting the space race. Next thing I know "Ding Ding" ... Poitiers builds SS Structural! (Alas the next thing built was a settler!) It probably looked good beside all those Archers and Catapults.

One way you can help the AI city to grow is to feed it some food caravans. Later on build Apollo and start building your spaceship. When the AI realises there is a race it MAY just concentrate on a spaceship, providing you donate the necessary techs.

-------------

SG(2)
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                X