Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hut knowledge

This the extent of my hut knowledge

1.You will not get an advanced tribe from a hut unless it is on grass or plains.

2.You will not get a wandering nomad if you allready have a non settler

3.You will not get technology after Invention has been discovered(not supposed to anyway)

4.Goody hut Barb unit types change with the following technologies:
    Chivalry
    Poly.
    Mono.
    Iron.
    Gunpowder
    Leadership
    Metallurgy
    Conscript.
    Guerrilla Warfare
    Navigation-changes boat type
    Magnet.-changes boat type
    Tactics-changes sea-based barbs
    Mobile Warfare-no more barbs

5.You will not get a boat of any kind from a hut

6.The max. gold is 200.Minimum 25

7.Philosophy can be found.You do get extra tech.Next turn though

8.Advanced tribes get bigger and can include improvements.Not sure on this one as to which techs cause it.

What else?

The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

are you sure about #2? seems like i've gotten nomads while having one of my original settlers still running around.... but its been a while and i could be mistaken

I've used armor and fighters to suppress barbarian uprisings before (it was in original civ2)
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

not beyond a reasonable doubt.

In a recent OCC "fortnight"game you started with 1 settler.The logs were consistant.Almost all discovered nomads.But since it was a 1 square island there was no use for them so you sent them back for disbanding.Anyway,once players had 1,no more were found.After being disbanded,they were found again.Repeat process.

Not conclusive but strong evidence.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

We think that it's Mobile Warfare - no more barbarian pirates - you can still get uprisings ... ???

Comment

9. You will never get barbarians from a hut within the radius of one of your cities.

10. HUTS FOLLOW A PATTERN!

------------------
          "I fear that I shall die a Prince."
          -Edward VII, Prince of Wales
          [This message has been edited by Adam Smith (edited May 05, 2000).]
          Old posters never die.
          They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

oops.Should have said sea barbs.The extent of my hut knowledge is shrinking

I think maybe in that OCC game you got 2 but had 1 "join city" early.Either or.
            [This message has been edited by Smash (edited May 06, 2000).]

Comment

SG: yes, they were uprisings, i was on a big continent and my 255 cities still left a lot of room for the barbs
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

It is indeed possible to get a non Settler from a hut when you already have one. I can verify this because it just happened to me.

I was building a scenario, and using a land unit with a lot of moves to explore. I went into every hut, and eventually ended up getting two non Settlers.

Note that this was with FW. Also, it may make a difference that this was all during one turn.

------------------
                ----
                Dusty
                Dusty

Comment

shrinking

Comment

yes it seems to me that i as well have received more than one none settler at a time..... although its not like finding four or five advanced tribes along a large riverbed in a row , however it has happened , but i think one needs to be on a larger map with many huts otherwise its usually alot of techs and gold However, your knowledge is extremely good nonetheless.

i would also add, that once you get multiple barbs from a hut, you can expect to receive mulltiple barbs almost everytime you release barbs from new huts means you really need to double up with a dip when exploring those distant huts

Comment

I got democracy, and atomic theory from huts before , but never two settlers yet.

My explorer was like "What the heck is this jibberish?" they could not pronounce it let alone understand it
                      The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

When you create a city and there is an unopened hut in the city radius, if a worker is assigned to the square the hut is on, it will disappear.

And number 2 is incorrect, as everybody is pointing out.

Plus (and tell me if I'm wrong on this one) in Civ II, you could never get a wandering tribe from a grasslands or plains square... but you can in the MP edition.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 05-05-2000 10:12 PM
                          2.You will not get a wandering nomad if you allready have a non settler

I have found this to be a true statement as far as OCC games go (but have received an extra settler in regular games). I expect you cannot get more NONE settlers from huts than you have cities.

Comment

TomD-that could very well be it.You may have the answer there.

Ming- I'm gonna have to pay closer attention.Unfortunately,nomads are as common to me as winning a lottery.I don't neccessarily beleive the cheat menu gives the same "random" result as in actual play.

Comment

1. You will not get an advanced tribe from a hut unless it is on grass or plains.

Generally I would agree with this point except that I have gotten two advanced tribes in swamp squares.

2.You will not get a wandering nomad if you allready have a non settler.

That's an imaginitive guess. Unfortunately I have gotten two none nomad units at the same time.

3.You will not get technology after Invention has been discovered.

This is true, I used it all the time in my reseach on the Barbarian Paper and it never failed.

4.Goody hut Barb unit types change with the following technologies:

Iron Working, Polytheism, Monotheism, Chivalry, Gunpowder, Leadership, Conscription, Metallurgy, and Guerrilla Warfare all effect Goody huts.

No other techs effect huts including Moblie Warfare.

5.You will not get a boat of any kind from a hut.

I see potential for an April first scenario with this one.

6.The max. gold is 200. Minimum 25

Yep.

7.Philosophy can be found. You do get extra tech. Next turn though.

Yep.

8. Advanced tribes get bigger and can include improvements. Not sure on this one as to which techs cause it.

Humm ... good question.

Comment

Working...
                              X