Vet Spies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vet Spies

Perhaps I should have known this...probably everyone else does...but Vet Spies buy cities about 20% cheaper than "green" spies.

That's how things are working out in "The AI head start challenge game"

Is this something else explained in the Strategy Guide I've never seen?

-----------

SG (2)
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Spies pay less for a city than Diplomats, and Vet Spies pay even less.

City in disorder = Revolt Cost /2
    No units inside city = Revolt Cost /2
    City originally belonged to you = Revolt Cost /2
    Unit inciting revolt is a Spy = Revolt Cost x 0.84
    Unit, etc, is a Vet Spy = Revolt Cost x 0.67

And when all else fails, don't leave home without a credit card.

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Hmmm....interesting.I can't confirm as I rarely bribe cities but it makes sense.Generally we don't need spys for the ai but I should know this for other situations.Such as the head start scenario.

eagerly awaits confirmation
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I don't need any more confirmation.It is mentioned in Scrolls of Wisdom.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Thank you Sydney and Vancouver - "Three Way Family Favourites" was never as good as this! (Anyone remember Family Favourites in those days of "steam" radio - or should I say wireless?)
          ----------
          SG (2)

Comment

"Family Favourites"! Used to be on Sunday mornings at about 10.30am on ABC radio. Haven't heard it for about 25 years. Sigh ...

Oh, and I never call it anything other than a wireless. I worked on a TV series set in the 1940s and the terminology stuck. "Ice chest" instead of fridge, etc.

------------------
            finbar
            Mono Rules!
            [This message has been edited by finbar (edited September 30, 2000).]
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

RE: Family Favourites
              Yes remember it all only too clearly; (Whatever happened to "Munchen Gladbook") it was on the Light Programme and I think it was followed by the Dreaded Billy Cotten Bandshow or perhaps it was the Clitheroe Kid. This was all before the entertainment tech was discovered of course.

Comment

Yes - The Light Programme! Sometimes Family Favourites was followed by "Meet the Huggetts" (Jack Warner & Kathleen Harrison)
                --------
                SG (2)

Comment

"Take it from Here" (Ron and Ef) the Navy Lark Ah; I could go on (and frequently do)- But do you remember "Journey into Space" (Mitch and Lemmy) They never reached AC as I recall but considering the graphic display was a light bulb behind a celluloid dial it was pretty gripping stuff.

Comment

Not to forget "Just A Minute".

Oh, and I did forget "Around the Horne".

------------------
                    finbar
                    Mono Rules!
                    [This message has been edited by finbar (edited October 02, 2000).]

Comment

Just a Minute is still on! (in the UK) and I have some "bona" Round the Horne tapes. Will we get thrown off for not talking about Civilisation?

Comment

We still get "Just A Minute" occasionally. I noticed its creator died earlier this year or last year.

Yes, we probably will be told to can it. On the other hand, given that the average poster age around here is 3 1/2, we could argue this is educational material.

------------------
                        finbar
                        Mono Rules!

Comment

ROTFLMAO @ finbar (again)
                          Didn't we determine a month or so ago that the average age here on Strat was a tad higher (say 5 1/4) than on OT?

p.s. I don't think I've ever seen "Around the Horne" in print before - assuming that isn't a misplint what's the story on the extra 'e'?

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                          "The Great Library must be built!"

Comment

No its not a misprint "Around the Horne" Was a reference to the star of the show the great Kenneth Horne.

Comment

Sorry it should be "Round the Horne" the first series was called "Beyond our Ken" I am 53.75 years so memory not completely instant any more.

Comment

Working...
                              X