More generous allies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More generous allies

So I'm getting the hang of the alliance thing and asking for gifts, and for the first time have 3 alliances going (never able to do better than 2 before). But what I'm noticing (over many games) is that some AI civs are more generous than others when they give. The French give large amounts (as large as 150), the Aztecs are stingy (25 is common), and the Americans are in-between. Anyone else seen this? Is it related to one of the AI civ settings in rules.txt? Might be worth doing more research, if you can choose which of 2 warring civs to ally with, better to go for the more generous one if other factors are equal.
    yes

Most of the time the tribute is determined by how much money they have. The more the civ creates, the more it can give you. From there it is a percentage. The more desperate, i.e. you refuse money, they will double the percentage all the way up to 100%. I have seen exceptions, but this is the general rule.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's also fun - and profitable - suing for peace. If an AI is particularly vulnerable, they offer peace and you refuse, they can offer increasing sums in order to buy peace with you.

------------------
      finbar
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

So true... So true...

I have found it far more "profitable" by not having allies. You seem to get far more money by just refusing peace or cease fires... I will never agree to a peace after accepting money for a cease fire on the same turn. I just wait a few turns until they get some more money, and contact them then. They will then beg for peace, you can refuse, and get more money.

After that, do everything you can do to piss them off and declare war on you. Then repeat process.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Tribute/ suing for peace is something different than what I'm asking. I'm specifically interested in gifts from allies because that's what I'm dealing with in OCC games. The size of the gift doesn't seem to depend on how much the ally has, most recently the French gave me 150 when they only had about 300, the English gave 25 when they had over 1000. Maybe going thru all the OCC logs to see who gave how much would reveal a pattern, but that would take more time than I have right now.
          [This message has been edited by Dino the Dinosore (edited September 20, 2000).]
          yes

Comment

Working...
          X