Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airbases, more than just places to keep your planes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbases, more than just places to keep your planes.

I just found out, airbases act as farmland and railrodes in trade and production! I dont know what would happen if you built an airbase on a tile already with railroads and farmland, but it could be something close to the perfect tile! *Austin shivers with excitement*

------------------
    -Austin the Iron Fisted, not Somgu! Austin the Iron Fisted= soon-to-be 'MASTER DEITY' of Apolyton

an airbase basically behaves as if it were a city square, so nothing else special happens that doesn't happen in a city (you don't get double-railroad or anything like that in a city ) This bug has been known for a while - apparently there was a bit of debate by the OCC community about whether to allow its use in fortnight competetions (ruled a cheat and not allowed), and you can find several threads about it in this forum as well as being mentioned in several other related websites (Scrolls of Wisdom, Paul's OCC stratagy guide etc)

------------------
    April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Somgu, Duh!

------------------
      Founder of the People's Republic of Topics (PROT)
      Convenor, Threadjacking Appreciation Society (TAS)
      Proprietor, Apolyton Tea Shop http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum19/H...tml?date=00:06

Comment

I had the CiC version on my computer, and was not allowed to airbase hills or mountains...

I'll have to check now i got FW if i'm still not able
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Did you also know that you can pre-mine your city square? Set a settler to mining, then use the second settler to build the city while the first is mining. Then viola, you end up with a mined city square boosting your city's production. Last I knew, this was considered legal in OCC play. It really helps with wonder building!

Comment

Duh!!!

Comment

HA!

Comment

HA!

Comment

Working...
                X