No announcement yet.

Naval Warfare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG[1], I think he means that if a city grows naturally with the pyramids, it only loses 1/2 its food supply, not all. And with really large cities, having that granary effect can make the difference between having enough food and not having enough food while in anarchy if the city grew recently. Look at the OCC 15 logs about people losing engineers due to famine. I lost 1 during that revolt to democracy and other people had engineer/famine related problems as well.

Edit: with oedo's discovery about the game checking for anarchy only every 4th turn, that point about the pyramids becomes somewhat mute, since you can now simulate that SoL effect of only 1 round of anarchy without every having to build it.

------------------
    April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
    [This message has been edited by SCG (edited August 21, 2000).]
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Smilo: I am not mysterious. I am simple too lazy to write same thing again.
      Somewhere in multiplayer section is a thread named Pyramids - The Ultimate Wonder.
      You may find some things what pyramids could do,besides cutting food box into half.
      Don't expect anything revolutionary
      My life, my rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse on 08-09-2000 06:02 PM
        Horse of course

A lot of this analysis is wrong because I have magellans AND all my ships are vets thru barracks.

I thougt you needed Port Facility to produce VET ironclads....
        Is this true AH??????

Comment

kent-jo: The lighthouse assures that naval units are veterans as well as stopping the sinking trireme syndrome - it works a little like Sun Tsu's in the sense that all new naval units are vets, but you don't get the overnight recovery that a Port Facility eventually yields
          Good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
          "The Great Library must be built!"
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

When 15 subs are around, stuffed whit cruise missiles and with support from 5-8 battleships and 10-12 air units, Zun or not, you better run!!

Comment

Working...
            X