Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Mr. AI - take this unit - and you get tech too?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Mr. AI - take this unit - and you get tech too?!

Like most of us I am always giving techs away to the AI.

I have never given a unit away - until yesterday. I was really messing around in the years between launch and landing.

I gave the English a fighter - interested to see how it would be used. The moment they received it, I had a message that I had helped them in an advance of English science - they acquired Astronomy from me as well!

Does free science come with every unit?

--------------

SG (2)
    [This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited September 08, 2000).]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Tee-hee. That's great. I've never given the AI a unit. I'm going to try it - under the same circumstances - to see what happens.

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Whenever you give an AI a unit beyond their science level, there is a chance that they will learn a new science. I will admit I have never seen this happen in an MP game when you give a human player a unit...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 09-08-2000 07:41 AM
        I gave the English a fighter - interested to see how it would be used. The moment they received it, I had a message that I had helped them in an advance of English science - they acquired Astronomy from me as well!

Does free science come with every unit?

not quite. but every time you gift an advanced unit, there is also a chance that something about that unit will trigger a scientific breakthrough. I haven't tried it much (actually, only tried it in reguards to that 'unit boomerang effect' one person had with a mac), but i could speculate that the breakthrough would either be the tech needed to produce that unit, or a prereq for that tech. I do know it doesn't have to be something they are currently researching.

------------------
        April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

A vaguely related occurence: I can't say for sure, but I think I've lost money when I've given techs to the AIs in the past. Maybe my emissaries are greasing some palms in the foreign government?

Comment

All these undocumented features and the AI still can't win.

------------------
            Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance
            "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

Working...
            X