No announcement yet.

Midgard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I conquered the Buteons last night and they restarted also.
    The manual says" this is a bloodlust scenario meaning spaceships are not a consideration".
    That leaves a little grey area.Other scenarios I have tryed- bloodlust meant bloodlust.Civs died.If they don't I guess it was intentional.Unless someone screwed up...

I'm getting 2 turns per tech under Commie so I think I'll return most of my units to base and switch to Democracy(or whatever its called here) and just "research out" the scenario.

I would have moved the tree guards if I could as they have a big defense # but it wasn't necessary.

Looking back the only unit I needed was envoys.They bribed Stygian special units which then did most of the fighting.NOTHING in the scenario that I encountered could stand up to unspeakable horror and dragon attacks.Or bombarders for that matter.

Getting the unspeakable horror early required The Eye of Ran(Lighthouse) or alot of luck.3 longboats(triremes) needed to make a voyage over open seas.You could use the end turn keyboard shortcut but....

Its been a fun scenario.Its very similiar to the original game with a few surprises.You start out pretty much from scratch(as Humans anyway) and I kinda like that.Took me long enough to getting around and playing it.

Hostility problem was handled somewhat by the Great Wall wonder and a @#$% em attitude from the start.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash,

On your problems with restarting Civs. I think that with vary few exceptions all of the Fantastic Worlds Scenarios have restarting Civs. I have not had that happen in the scenarios that I think were part of Conquests in Civilisations. I'm using MGE so I don't know for sure which scenarios came with which Add-on. I haven't had it happen in any of the historical scenarios after a Civ got toasted, but I have in Altantis, Dinasaurs, Jules Verne and some of the others.

Ken

Comment

Smash-There's a rather interestingly done ending when you research all the techs.

I'm curious: has anyone figured out how to build the Treeguardians and other similar units? I tried as the Humans, and couldn't do it...

-KhanMan
        Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
        -KhanMan

Comment

Most units are particular to particular civs.Only Elves(I think) can build them.The humans don't have as many different units as some of the civs,especially in the early part.

There are some units that can only be built under certain governments.

Some units can only be built in certain cities or under certain circumstances.This happened to me with sorcers(can't remember the tech) but after researching something some cities settler units were updated to sorcerers.I thought it was the Leo's equivalent upgrade to engineers but it wasn't.Those cities could produce sorcers as long as I didn't change build orders.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Khanman,
            It's a feature of the fantasy game (and midgard) that each tribe has special creatures it alone can create. Since you are playing humans, try to bribe elven cities to get their treeguards. If you find a city with several that is on a coast, you can ship them to other cities of yours.

If the eleves look strong, you want to attack them early or not at all. Once they get democracy, their tree-guarded cities are unbribable and extremely hard to attack. (A LOT of dragons can conquer their cities late in the game.)

- toby

------------------
            toby robison
            criticalpaths@mindspring.com
            toby robison
            criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

what is with the tech end game? once you get omneciance all the units go away and all you can build are the beast lore things, which really sucks cause you you lose all the race-specfic units (the best part if you ask me, and those triton legions look really good)

Comment

Gee, this thread MAY motivate me to play a scenario! 'course I promised to give CtP a fair playing first, so maybe later.

Good thread guys!

I forgot to ask, what level are you playing at? With a hostile MPG AI, is Diety too hard? Does King or Emp make a more playable game?

edit - levels question
                ------------------
                "And now for something completely different..."
                - John Cleese
                [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited September 04, 2000).]
                "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
                X