The Barb Threats...crosslinking two non strat threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Barb Threats...crosslinking two non strat threads

A little while back finbar posted about losing his capital to barbs in the general forum...
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum1/HT...tml?date=22:11

And a couple of days ago Kull and Wm Keenan had a barb ransom demand discussion on the Scenario League board....
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum18/H...tml?date=02:18

Both threads were germain to a bunch of strategy posts here over the past two years so I thought I would cross link them for reference and continued discussion.

And anyone that hasn't read Keenan's Barbarian Paper is missing some great info - especially for slamming your opponents with high-end barbs in MP.

[This message has been edited by Sten Sture (edited August 23, 2000).]
    Be the bid!

Aye, but it's a two-edged sword is it not?

Carolus

Comment

CR - yes, but you can make one of those edges pretty dull if you have the Great Wall! You can also plan ahead if you know the next barb boat is carrying a decent offensive unit, while it may take the other players by surprise.

Comment

The reason I was thinking about the barbs as your surrogate army was from an ICS standpoint - since barbs appear in open areas, an ICSer that went straight to Chivalry might encumber an opponent early.

I have been tweeking the rules text to try to get the AIs to research like people. It ain't easy going, but at least I think I am making progress.
        Be the bid!

Comment

Thanks for the link Sten - I certainly would have missed the great work by Kull & Wm Keenan ...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
          X