the conquest of the Egyptians(????)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the conquest of the Egyptians(????)

I am playing a civ II right now. The Egyptians have been my peacetime neighbor for a long time now. Now, the Egyptians are a rational civilized nation with only 5 cities. I spyed on thier capitol and it only had 2 phalanxes for defense. The perfect little civ to conquer (he,he,he) . But right now I dont think I have a big enough military to invade the little peace loving civ. My military is much more advanced than the Egyptian's, its just not big enough.Currently I have about 1 pikeman, 1 legion, 1 elephant and 1 catapolt in each of my cities (about). Im afraid if I attack with my current size army I wont win, and I dont really want to build up a bigger army because it will take up a lot of productin that I could be using to build city improvements and wonders. What should I do?

------------------
    He laughs at and disgraces his enemies, while they bow down at his feat. They were so ambitious,so full of themselfs, they thought they couldnt be beat. But what they didnt know was, DONT DEFY THE IRON FISTED!

YES!!! IM A CHIEFTAIN NOW! I AM NO LONGER A SETTLER!

Comment

Turn down your science rate (you seem to be ahead of the AI in tech right now, so this won't hurt you in the short run). The extra taxes you collect can be used to quickly rush build some military units.

Comment

Try finding Goody-Huts in your area. You might have used them all already. And was that Pike,Legion,Catapult, and Elephant in EACH city? If it is and you have at least three cities go forth.

Hey, I'm a Settler but I feel like an Engineer!!

------------------
        What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what its all about?

Contact me at cpoland@mail.win.org

Comment

Yes, in each city. I have about nine or ten cities.

------------------
          He laughs at and disgraces his enemies, while they bow down at his feat. They were so ambitious,so full of themselfs, they thought they couldnt be beat. But what they didnt know was, DONT DEFY THE IRON FISTED!

Comment

You have ten cities? So it should be easy for you to consolidate your forces and invade right?
            Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I have formed an attack force made up of 3 crusaders, 5 catapolts, and 1 pikeman. Leonardo's Workshop updated the pikeman to a musketeer, and the catapolts to canons! This should be a big moral boost(for me, :see how happy I am?), and should make my army much more efective with its new equipment. I am moving my troops to the front lines now to begin my first offensive. Ill tell you how it goes later on, and we can discuss what I could have done to win if I lose.

Comment

YES! Ive taken the Egyptian capitol with no losses of my own! The first spoils-of-war in Celtic history! This is a great day for the Celts. By the way, did I mention I have Sun Tzu's War Academy? Guess that helped.

Comment

Austin you are unstopable ,finish the egyptians and then the world .

The world hides in fear of Austin and his mighty celts.

ps don't forget to tell us of your upcoming world conquest.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

WOW...cannons on to phalanxes...great job!

Comment

Kick butt, Austin.

Even before the upgrade, though, you had plenty of firepower to wax the Egyptians. Now go forth, be fruitful, and multiply.

Today the Egyptians... tomorrow Babylonians!!!

------------------
                      Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
                      Frodo lives!

Comment

Well, I stomped the Egyptians into the ground with a little help from my allies the Greeks. Bye bye Egypt!
                        It was a little to easy. I guess I should play on a harder level next time.
                        [This message has been edited by Austin the Iron Fisted (edited August 09, 2000).]

Comment

Don't you have larger enemies? How large are the Greeks?

Comment

Once you have captured the capitol, and egypt has less than 1000 gold, you can bribe the rest very cheaply. I would have sent them caravans,acquiring the gold to do this. Also, demand tribute of them to enrich your treasury and diminish theirs. That way, you get fully functioning cities with trade routes.

Comment

Go Austin, GO! Keep us updated with your destruction of the despised Greeks ...
                              Good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                              X