How do I do OCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I do OCC?

How do people win at OCC? I've tried a couple times now but always got beat to AC, or time ran out. The last time i played my space ship left four years too late Somebody help me out!

Yeah, never understood the profits with this strategy either.

Comment

i don't think of it as a strategy, but it sure is a challenge.

Comment

it definately is a strategy, IMO. I've found the OCC games i've played to be, on the whole, much easier than games played normally. maybe that's because the things i do fit better with an OCC game, i don't know.

Anyway, there are much better OCC players out there than i am, but it's all about maximizing trade, IMO. squeeze out every single beaker you can. make peace with the enemy civs by giving out techs, if you're making techs as fast as you should be, then you'll still stay ahead of them. go to the great library and read the paulicy if you want to know any more specifics than that, but that's the general idea.
        -connorkimbro
        "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

One should start here at Paul's fine site.Extensive strategy,comparison games and player logs.All you need to know really.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

OCC - strategy or challenge?
            Both actually in my opinion.

Playing it makes choices much easier because you have fewer choices. It helps to play it to home in on what is most important; which only helps out in normal games. So in that manner it is a "meta"-strategy in that the leasons learned applies to normal games. OCC is similar to building a SSC without the "helper" cities. It's all about timing, rush-buying, trade, diplomacy, and directing your focus (science / gold) at the right moment.

Not only that, it's also fun and makes for a completely different game. There's no moving around a ton of military units. There's no battling unhappiness in tons of cities each turn. There's no decisions about what to build in tons of cities each turn. It is the ultimate builder's game.

By all means read the Paulicy.

Also, learn to log your games - and then replay them to try to beat your previous time.
            -freshman

Comment

Working...
            X