City names with attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City names with attitude

I am on the quest of collecting fun city names. Those of you who play lots of MP gimmie some good names you remeber.

My fav so far is "Bag's End" I love that!

Alex v4.6
    Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

My favorites are the ones that people are starting to use in MP games. When two settlers meet, and you get to lay your city down first, taking advantage of those whales or fishes...
    "Screw You" or "Beat You" or "Ha Ha"
    (Last time I used Ha Ha, somebody then built "Ho Ho, and "Heh Heh" right next to it)
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wonder if anyone ever named a city after Fenway park with the great wall....
      Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
      >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

I have to admit that renaming a city Fenway Park, when it builds the Great Wall is inspired!

However, for utter consistency to a theme, I would have to give the award to Vlad and the Vampires on Acid tribe. Some are generally ghoulish ("Bloody Nipple"); others are specific to their opponents (Owl's Death). I have to give credit to whomever plays as "Lord of the Ferrets" for using "Ferret" so often in city names.
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

My favorite is the old put the wonder in parenthesis after the city name city - so it shows up in the diplomacy screen as:

Moscow (building Manhatten Project)
          Be the bid!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sten Sture on 06-12-2000 03:28 PM
            Moscow (building Manhatten Project)

That is hilarious!
            The only way to stop a terrorist, is with a bullet.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Genghis Al on 06-12-2000 12:02 PM
              thats good stuff.

People somtimes name cities for what they do, science city, Production city stuff like that. Although this is a terrible idea in multiplayer it shows how names can be used strategicly.

Alex v4.6

Genghis Al:

**ROTFLMAO** That's like painting a big red bulls-eye on your city, especially in MP. Definitely not good in MP ... but if people out there actually do that, more power to ME!!!! Makes the job of tracking down key cities easier .

Unless, of course, it's a misinformation function ... **paranoid laughter**

CYBERAmazon

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Before spies come along - if you spend a diplomat investigating a city, you can rename the place after his findings - so you don't forget. For example: 3M/NCF is Three Musketeers and no coastal fortress!
                -----------
                SG (2)
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

This is all well and good, but I really want some names. Tell me more about this lord of the ferrets...

Comment

thats good stuff.

People somtimes name cities for what they do, science city, Production city stuff like that. Although this is a terrible idea in multiplayer it shows how names can be used strategicly.

Alex v4.6

Comment

Hmmm...my most recent trend in city-naming in mp has been to spell out Homer's "Iliad", word by word, in ancient Greek, but that seems to be bad luck, since I never got past Book I.

In sp I used to play as the souix or aztec and name cities insulting parodies of the original names, but, sadly, they aren't printable...

How about a new strategy for mp-play: use each city name to insult your opponent/opponent's tribe...then, as you lose, watch the city names slowly change, one by one...

-KhanMan the lesserly-crazy Crazy Lesser Sayen
                      Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
                      -KhanMan

Comment

In one game I was trying to hide where my capital city was, so i renamed two of my cities as NONE(Capital). Then moved my capital to one of those cities.
                        Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

For the Warlord of the lawyers army "Come to Judgement" maybe, or, "Injuncted" (for a mountain city perhaps)?

Any use to you? I might release my copyright - for a modest fee, of course. (One good MP tip apiece will do).

I've been thinking of trying MP and this thread may provide the incentive I need to do it.

East Street Trader
                          [This message has been edited by East Street Trader (edited June 15, 2000).]

Comment

Xin Yu still did it best. We were in a MP game, on different sides of an alliance, and we were looking for each others cities.

He had found my farthest outpost, but I hadn't found his yet. He renamed all his cities close to me "Boston", the same name as the city I had closest to him... Every time I went to check to see if my exploring units were still closer to my city... sure enough, it always said they were closest to Boston

Xin is the master
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sounds like a good time. Whenever I take over a city I rename it "Anal(old city name." So if I take Boston it would be changed to Anal Boston. Made me laugh when it said Anal Boston build a granary. Naming cities for whatr they do makes things easier for me. Like "mountain post" that way you don't start building things they don't need.

------------------
                              See you in court.

Comment

Working...
                              X