Does this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this work?

More computer school going on here.I've uploaded an OCC scenario and I want to know if it works.Should be a self extracting one.

you can play if you want but I'm really just interested whether it works or not

www.angelfire.com/wa2/smashdamit/downloads/ming.zip
    [This message has been edited by Smash (edited June 03, 2000).]
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

It downloaded OK, but won't run on Win 98 Civ II MGE (file is not a saved game).

Comment

its a scenario made with original civ2 so it should work with MGE.Hmmm...back to school
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

hmmm...works ok for me.Must be a MAC/PC compatibility thing.Damit

Comment

Well, the extension .SEA is not recognized on my PC. You say it is a self extracting archive? I tried changing the extension to .exe and running it but Windows doesn't recognize it as a valid win32 app.

Best to stick with zips.

Comment

Self-extracting archives can not be used on different operating systems. So a Mac self-extractor won't work on Windows and the other way round Windows self-extractors won't work on a Mac. It's probably best to follow Tom's advice and use regular zip files.

Comment

ah ha!thank you sirs.Unfortunately, while I can decompress .zip files I havn't figured out how to make them yet.I can only make .hqx so far.
              Back to drawing board

thnx again

Comment

I'm using Netscape and can't even download the file. It just opens another window filled with nonsensical characters.

Comment

did you right or option click?

anyway I have more to learn.I changed it to .hqx

Comment

Keep up the schooling, Smash, you'll be Brian Reynolds in your next life.

------------------
                    finbar
                    Mono Rules!
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

After doing a search on www.download.com I found Aladdin Expander which can handle those hqx files. I suggest you also take a look there; maybe they have a Mac program there that can make zips.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 06-01-2000 08:24 PM
                        did you right or option click?

anyway I have more to learn.I changed it to .hqx

I did both.

Comment

I don't know everything zbout zip files, but as far as I know zip is a standard format, so if you make a zip file with pkzip you can unzip it with any unzip program. If you want to be sure that it works you can download it and make a test zip. You could then mail it to me or post a download link here and I'll see if it works.

Comment

argh!the saga continues.Much hair pulling and baseball bat fingering but I have something called smartzip.So I change it once again.Now it is zip.I have no idea whether it works or not.Course since its the weekend angelfire is busy now but it SHOULD work damit

www.angelfire.com/wa2/smashdamit/downloads/ming.zip

Comment

thnx Paul.I had a look and there is indeed some utilities available.

There is MacZip which requires me to send $15 to get the code that zip uses or something like that.

Then there is PKzip.How common is pkzip?It says others MUST have pkzip to unzip

Comment

Working...
                              X