I Have A Problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have A Problem...

During my play, I am finding it increasingly difficult to get what I want from the computer opponents, especially at higher difficulty levels. Is there a tried and trusted way to converse with opponents for maximum effectiveness?

Are you playing version 2.42? If so try this.

The best way to sweeten diplomatic relations is to give a few techs away. Once you have done this you have a chance of making an alliance - if you are not supreme. You will always be able to talk to an ally.

For civs not allied with you - try exchanging maps each turn. Once they are worshipful/enthusiastic they tend to stay more friendly if you are constantly asking them to swap geography.

If you play any of the multiplayer versions against the AI - forget diplomacy. It is virtually impossible to make any progress, no matter how many encartas of tech you squander on other civs.

--------------

SG (2)
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

How do I find out what version I am playing?

And it seems that when I do ask for maps, they decline me. Admittewdly I haven't been wanting to give much stuff away, instead trying to have a compromise where we each give something.

Comment

To exchange maps, you generally need the AI to be Enthusiastic/Worshipful towards you. You also need the AI to have the Map Making tech.

Comment

Hi Pinkest Straw,

One problem I run into during the late stages of the game is when my civ is the most powerful on the map in a game involving science parity. The other civs get very hostile even in V2.42. You start reading messages like "We do not wish to associate with your Machiavellian schemes" (can't remember the exact quote but usually I get the message when I have given away huge amounts of tech to achieve a Worshipful relationship and then requested an alliance--this usually works in the early years.)

I think the AI knows when a our civs are most powerful (the omniscient AI) and makes it really hard on us humans. So that is when you start building lots of fighting units and teach them some respect.

Still, one good thing to do, is get them fighting with each other. Go to the Foreign advisor and ask the rival AI's to declare war on each other. This sometimes involves giving away huge sums of money or just a simple tech or two. Sometimes you can nurture an alliance this way.

Oh, you can also give away up to date fighting units to enhance your relationships or money.

Later
          Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
          >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

Sometimes, you need to get their attention. If they ignore your attempts to talk, capture(or lose) a city, and you will get to talk.

Comment

Go to the top left corner of the screen. Click GAME then Game Options. The title bar will tell you which version you have running.

------------

SG (2)
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
              X