Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: proposal

Originally posted by La Fayette
    Dave (number 1 in power at 1AD, probably on his way to conquer the world before 1500AD)
    Actually, I'm planning to go for AC, for two reasons. I've played some large-map conquest games, and they take an awful lot of time. Secondly, someone (Blaupanzer, I think) posted in the original thread that he could win by conquest but not by spaceship. I've always thought that conquest is the easiest road to victory, and the easiest way to space is to subjugate the world and then build the spaceship at your leisure. So my plan is to play a "straight" AC game (and probably be beaten to AC by one of the AIs).

I'm still playing at my usual slow pace (currently AD380), and will continue to post results. I am probably a week or two away from 1200.

Comment

Don't forget the maximum score game. That is the original objective. The problem is that it gets tedious at the end. How about a max score game with a few restrictions to reduce the micromanagement at the end:
      1) use a minimum sized map of 25x40
      2) no engineer transformations(only mine/irrigate swamps and
      jungle)
      I have done this before, and it takes an evening or two to conquer most of the world, and another to build out to the max.

Comment

smash
        It seems that your on your way to launch several years sooner than arii... Wait and see.
        Do you agree to publish your 1200AD savegame?

Dave
        Bravo, bravissimo!
        You show us that you are much more than a very clever warmonger (and this gives me a chance to be number 1 to conquer ).
        If you wish to compete with smash and arii, please rehome your caravans!
        If you don't rehome any, this gives you a chance to be early launcher without caravan rehoming .
        BTW thank you for your very precise and interesting logs.

geofelt
        I hope you go on conquering, so that we may compare your game and mine. I am now planning to publish a 1600AD savegame (if someone can explain how this can be done ).
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I have already completed both the conquest game, and the spaceship game. I was using my typical strategy for each without the attempt to achieve the earliest completion. The next installment of a save game for conquest is 1760 which is attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

The next save for the spaceship game is 1200 which is attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

you can do whatever you want with my saves.I grant complete autonomy.

Geo..your SS game save come thru as a scenario.Is this correct?
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

The rb-1200 game should be a .sav file. I downloaded it and it loads fine on 2.42 and mge.

Comment

Working...
                X