No announcement yet.

Attack-units with 1 Movement Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone please tell me what a pre-worked settler is?
    Po'g mo tho'in!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone
      Could someone please tell me what a pre-worked settler is?
      O la la. A question worth its own thread! For information about how to do it, and other settler/engineer tricks, see the Great Library Index thread. There is a link (or two) to info about settlers. I'll try to simplify...

A pre-worked settler is one that has been working at some task, but was then interrupted (by you, the player) just prior to completion of his task. Now he is "charged" - you can move him somewhere else, and he will immediately complete his task at the new location.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by cpemma
        You can also click on any attack units showing the "G" shield and clear their orders before the end of the turn.
        The "G" isn't the problem.
        If you attack with the mouse, and the "fresh/not moved yet" 2 movement unit takes less than half damage it will automatically move to the square that turn. (if plains, grassland, up a river or road) The "G" will only appear if the unit does not have any movement yet. If you use the arrows keys, the unit will flash showing more movement but it will do so in the city.
        RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A pre-worked settler is one that has been working at some task, but was then interrupted (by you, the player) just prior to completion of his task. Now he is "charged" - you can move him somewhere else, and he will immediately complete his task at the new location.
          I've been playing Civ2 since 1997 and I never knew of this trick! Can't wait to try this one out.
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I just start them mining somewhere safe.Then try hard not to forget about them and stop them after a turn or 2."M"-mining gives me a few turns to remember

Its more for settlers than engineers.2 engineers can flash a fort on any terrain.I do prework engineers for pollution in OCC and when there is nothing else to do.For pollution control you can click them right after starting a mine and they will be charged enough.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
            X