No announcement yet.

Changing Terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but does this trick work in MP? I remember trying it once (because it did work in the older version before the Gold MPE edition) and I don't think it worked...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, using two settlers to have a mined city still works in MP.

BS: mined wine in river...
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Thanks Seeker. It isn't the first time I've been wrong, or the last time either

I'll remember now that I can do it MP!
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm using the MP version and still cannot mine a city located on a hill. I had a settler mine a hill two turns, moved him off and had another settler found a city on the same hill. When I moved the original settler to the city site and tried to finish the mine, I received a message saying that function could not be performed. What am I missing?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by granite00 on 05-29-2000 11:10 AM
            I'm using the MP version and still cannot mine a city located on a hill. I had a settler mine a hill two turns, moved him off and had another settler found a city on the same hill. When I moved the original settler to the city site and tried to finish the mine, I received a message saying that function could not be performed. What am I missing?

You shouldn't have moved the settler but kept him mining till he was ready.

Comment

Thanks, Huey. That worked just fine.

Comment

Well, I definately terraform for appropriate specials, but I also terraform fortress squares during difficult wars. My favorite defense these days is a terraformed woodlands on a river fortress. It makes for a great bottleneck in a pre-mobile-warfare game.
                Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
                >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

Working...
                X