Regarding OOC challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding OOC challenge

Just a thought.. been rather limited in playing time(for anything) lately so have yet to get to try this out. Is building settlers off your only size one city considered a cheat? If not.. has anyone thought about using that as an advantage in OOC?

For example, your explorer gets lucky with huts and the place you settle is shield happy.. then you'll be able to pump out many settlers with no problem, then you should very well be able to pump out up to 4(the limit to your total production at pop=1) settlers with your city in a short time and before you let it grow. Then go ahead and and add all the settlers back to your size 1 city and (of course, you should have a few roads made from the first two or settlers made by this time) and voila, you got a size 5 city. Sure, there will be problem with happiness, but you could always stagger the "pop boom" a bit and find a way to build temple (hopefully you had some spare cash too) in between(and yes, another hopefully, that you have mysticism).

So what we end up is a size 5 city, when you usually should still be lingering around at size 2 or 3. Sure, you may be slightly behind in tech compared to the usual strat, but no doubt you will be able to gain the lead in no time.

I hope what I intended is clear in this post, does anyone see a problem with this strat? Hopefully I'll find some time to test it out myself soon, but if anyone would like to try, feel free to do so.

Xarathas

yes indeed we have used that and it is a good plan.
    A cheat?-well maybe but so far we have allowed it.

these size 1 settlers require support so I doubt you could build more than 2.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

well I figured 4 since each takes 1 food and every unit beyond first requires 1 shield? so assuming 4 food and 3 shield, I think your size one city (depending on where you settled, should be able to support that just fine. (of course when you've built all the settlers, you'll have no production/growth, but that's fine.)

oop.. quick edit, I realize I never said this.. yes in normal situations (under despotism, etc) you'll only be able to build 2, but perhaps you've managed to gain monarchy by the time you built your second one and thus will be able to build 2 more (irrigation) In fact.. you'll only be limited by your food production, and not shield production if that's the case.

and yes.. this is quite circumstancial, however, I'm quite sure that the best records produced in OOC are from these "special" scenarios, yes?

Comment

Working...
      X