No announcement yet.

Republic Vs Monarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I have been in republic for a while. Now switching to Democracy. Its hard work without wonders but at least the big cities are growing.

Comment

you got Cope's? very good!.Any chance of Sir Ike's in the same city?It'll be hard to keep up with you tech wise if have a nice science city.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

When your cities are small, unit support takes up an important portion of your shield production, and monarchy would be better. After cities get to size 3, you can grow quickly if the cities are prepared with temple, marketplace, and trade routes, along with irrigated squares for food. All those small cities will eventually become powerhouses. Continue to expand and consolidate your continent. Try to establish foreign trade routes to your copernicus city.
        If you can get SOL, Use fundamentalism to build up infrastructure and gold. Then switch to democracy to grow via WLTP days. After growth, cruise in communism for a while and start the cycle again. At some time you will need to stay in democracy to stop subversion.

Comment

Yeah um statue of liberty is gone so I'm just going to have to soldier on with trade and improvements. I got Copernicus mainly to stop others getting it - the city its in doesn't warrant Newton as well. Another problem I have is the other 4 civs are cooperating to prevent me getting techs through GL We really should have made this a non-cooperation/no alliances game since there are 5 civs but never mind, I'm making the best of things. I'm in democracy now and concentrating on building caras and city happiness improvements. Holding my own at the moment techs and pop wise - no easy task against 2 powerful alliances. Its about 1200 AD and 1 alliance just finished scoping my continent with boats. The beauty of building caras is the option of instant troops if anyone gets invasion ideas. Thanks for all the advice

[This message has been edited by Alexander's Horse (edited May 23, 2000).]

Comment

what more advantage do you need horse you are playing the world's worst player and your only real concern is the MAKE FIN BAR alliance

Comment

Sorry Hydey, this world's worst player tag just isn't going to cut the mustard any more. Under Deity's tutelage, you have been ahead of me on the powergraph for most of the game. Hell, you just got the Statue!!!!! I'm far from the worst player around so what does that make you?

As for the makeo finbar alliance, I agree, they are a threat to us all and have been very unfriendly to me

Comment

Whinge, whinge, whinge! Is it any wonder you're looked upon with suspicion when, at our first meeting, you launch an unprovoked attack? For crying out loud!

Still, at least you're talking to the best people in your attempt to get a grasp of strategy.

------------------
                finbar
                Mono Rules!
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

For those who are interested, I got Shakespeare's.

As for finbar, the city he mentions was attacked in BC. Its now after 1500 AD

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. A very long memory, Horse. It pays.

------------------
                    finbar
                    Mono Rules!
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

*cough cough, paradigm paralysis, cough*

Comment

*chortle, chortle, testa di cazzo, chortle*

------------------
                        finbar
                        Mono Rules!

Comment

Working...
                        X