Setting the game level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting the game level?

Is it possible to change the game level during play?

Suppose I want to play a saved game, but at a different level from which it was created. Is there a way to do that?

Also, how do you know what level you're playing at after play starts?

If you open the cheat menu you have an option to save the game as a scenario. (.scn) Then you can start the scenario at any level you want.
    Be the bid!

Comment

Gothmog wrote a program, CivFix, that will allow you to change it in the middle of the game. Its on his site.

Comment

If anybody downloaded this program previously, don't use it The old versions (1.1,1.0) had a bug that would disable the barbarians. Version 1.2 will corrects this.
        [This message has been edited by Gothmog (edited May 18, 2000).]
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

Thanks for the pointer; it looks like a useful program.

Related question: is there a way to tell what level I'm playing at during the game? I looked through the menus but couldn't find anything that showed the current game level.

Comment

Here is a way, but there is probably a better way out there.

Save the game.

Retire.

The last screen out of all the retirement information screens (the one that shows your score) will also show the level of difficulty.
            The only way to stop a terrorist, is with a bullet.

Comment

When you save the game and/or when you load one, the banner on the civ dialog box says the difficulty level. For example, when load, it comes up with a dialog box that says your name and year (I think). Look at the top part of the box. I think it's the same thing for the save game.

Comment

Working...
              X