How fast can you get 15 cites in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast can you get 15 cites in?

Over in the civ3 forum we are debating ICS and i wonder what is the fastest time ever on founding 15 cities, i don't even need a save game just your memory will suffice

what level and what production/movement rate. 2x2x king is gonna be alot different than 1x1x deity

Comment

King or higher
      single player
      standard size or large map

Comment

This is often a matter of hut luck. The exponential effect of early Advanced Tribes all producing settlers is a huge boost to development. On a "rich hut" map I can recall 6 cities by around 3500BC. With this kind of start a good ICS player will soon be counting 15 ... or 150

------------

SG(2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Starting with 1 or 2 settlers??

Comment

Let's see. 1st settler nails a city on first turn. 2nd settler builds one road and plops down second city. A warrior in each city in three turns followed by a settler in each in 14 turns. Two moves by each to new city location and voila... two more cities.

Repeat the process in the two new cities while building either another warrior, a phalanx, or a temple in the first two cities. Follow up with settlers in the original two cities and you should have 8 cities approximately 40 turns into the game.

Repeat the cycle one more time and you'll be at 16 cities after a maximum of 80 turns. Assuming the earlier cities grow and thus produce shields at a faster rate later in the game, you might be able to cut that down to 70 turns, 60 at the fewest.

50 years per turn and you're looking at 1000 BC. Sound about right?
            Frodo lives!

Comment

Ask Dave!
              I'm quite sure he has those numbers under his pillow.

(La Fayette, building 15 cities for the fun of it, since he has almost never built more than 10)
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
                Ask Dave!
                I'm quite sure he has those numbers under his pillow.
                I have several archived games, but none of them is a pure sleaze. I found several games at deity level where the 15th city came right around 600BC. I have an emperor MP game (2 starting settlers) where the 15th city came in 1200BC. I didn't have very good hut luck in any of these games (in fact, there were no huts in the emperor game). As SG2 pointed out, a few lucky huts in the early going could mean markedly better results.

Comment

Working...
                X