Computer Civs Characteristics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Civs Characteristics??

I've asked this on the creation board, but they are soooooo slow at posting replies sometimes!!!! so hopefully you guys can help before the weekend, Sorry Ming, if you have a real objection you can delete this thread!?!?

When you're making a scenario how do you change the characteristics of a civ? rational, aggressive, militaristic etc!??! I knwo you can do it with the rules.txt but i was hoping there is a way to embed the info in the .scn file so when i distribute, you don't have to backup your original .txt files!!

Is there an easy way to do this? I'm already going to have to send out a copy of the cities.txt with the new city names in, but the changes will be easily rectified, but the ones in a rules.txt won't be!??! advice please???
    "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
    ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

You might be out of luck. A quick look at the cheat menu under "edit king" does not reveal an option for changing characteristics.

You'll just have to pick the nastiest available AI for each colour (assuming this is a fiendish OCC game you are working on ), and edit their name to suit your purpose

Comment

I kind of thought that might be what i'd have to do!!!! I wanted to get the AI for each civ as close to "realistic" as i think is necessary?!?! It should be ready for occ10 or whenever there is a free fortnight, cause the maps done and i just need to the sort out the civs!?!?
      "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
      ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

in "edit king" you can set the attitudes civs have for each other 0-100.You can set vendettas for each civ.This might accomplish whatever you are trying to acheive.

I'm toying with a 100x100 occ scenario and with max vendettas set I have been wiped out all 3 playtests well before the space age.Needs a little tweaking I think.These values seem to have a big effect.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Everyone:

Speaking of vendettas — just what does it take for an AI civilization to form one against the human player? Kicking their butts in badly? Hitting back after the little freaks steal your technology and/or sabotage a city?

Just curious because I've had AI civs come and steal my techs and perform sabotage without the option for declaring war coming up afterwards. And this is with civs I'm at peace with. Yet when I go to hit back, it says I'm breaking a peace treaty and my reputation will suffer accordingly.

Sheesh.

CYBERAmazon

------------------
          Resistance is futile. Lower your shields and disable your weapons. You will be assimilated into the Borg Collective.
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Make a copy of rules.txt and move it to the directory containing your scenario. Edit the kings in that new rules.txt It says where to do this right in the file.

Change the name of the rules.txt in the scenario folder back to rules.txt if you changed it. Start your scenario.
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Sorry, guys - I thought I knew a bit about this game, but I have never heard of vendettas before - what are they? what are the effects? how do they happen?

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Vendetta is a setting you can give to the AI for it's attitude to other players.

They will be less likely to make peace, more likely to attack you, and I think they attack caravans more.

They get this way in the normal game sometimes if you're always breaking treaties.
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

To change king's characteristics in FW, go to 'Scenario Editor' and then to 'Tribe Editor'. There you can change all 'editable' characteristics.
                  A tribe will have a vendetta against you if you screw 'em over big time. For example, if you're allied with them and cancel the alliance. Or bribe an ally's city. etc. etc. As far as i know, a vendetta is never a result of beating up an enemy really hard if you did it in an honest fashion.

------------------
                  ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?
                  ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?

Comment

Working...
                  X