Economic Warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic Warfare

In a recent duel on a med map, I found one of my opposing civs citys on the north pole 9 squares from my capital and city mass. Now most players would mass for an attack on this city and either take it or reduce it to rubble. However, I took a different route. Since i found it early, I rushed built the lighthouse by producing horseman and disbanding them. Next i set up a ship chain( a line of ships 3 squares apart starting in a port city and the last able to land units at the target) next, I started delivering caravans to this city of 3 from my larger citys, and they paid 300 gold each. i got up to 4 a turn which produced about 1100 revenue, since i could stop his caravans from getting to my citys, this was all i needed to win and could win no matter what the size difference maybe.
    So, dont be so quick to take thoose citys, there is a better use for them. With all that gold every city you have can produce a unit every single turn.

Gold is indeed your friend in CivII! Reaping big returns for caravans is a good plan. Even a city 2 squares away on another continent can bring in 80+ gold per caravan. Further cities earn more, of course.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Thank you Xin Yu

SK2, congratulations
      You seem to have rediscovered Xin Yu's '2 continents trade'.
      (I shake hands, since I also had it in use before coming to Apolyton, but Xin Yu was definitely #1 to publish it here)

(any Apolytoner reading Xin Yu)
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I love doing that too.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Mmmm, yes. Trade is your friend, and the key to victory! Frequently the first thing I do in a scenario game is produce enough caravans to get decent trade production out of my cities to provide cash (and resource bonuses).

Comment

Working...
          X