Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many questions

I´ve got some questions.
    What does OCC stand for? What does ICS mean?
    How can I play a multiplayer game?

Is it possible to reduce the period of anarchy? When I switch governments without having the statue of liberty, I alwyas make sure that none of my cities is revolting. It seems to me that this helps sometimes. Not sure anyway.

What causes the demands for trading goods in each city to change? It´s VERY annoying when you have wandered a zillion years with that dye to Persepolis, and just one turn before you arrive there the guys don´t want it anymore.

That are my questions for now.

P.S. This forums is just great. I have learned some very useful things here.

OCC is "One City Challenge" (I hope). It's a special variation on the game where you build only a single city.

ICS is "Infinite City Strategy" (also called "Infinite City Sleaze" by those who dislike it. The idea is to overwhelm your opponents with minor production from many small cities instead of major production from a dozen good ones.

To play multiplayer (mp) games, you need the Multiplayer Gold Edition and you need to download a patch. The patch is available from microprose.com or from a location here at Apolyton. It solves an incompatability problem.

If you have a city in revolt, I don't think you can get out of anarchy. Examine your cities before Revolution to make sure they will survive the transition. The Attitude Advisor will help. The change to Monarchy is shorter than to the others.

Cities change their trading needs from time to time (I don't know specifically what triggers it, though the city size and techs must play a part). I annoys me, too. Consider selecting a target city that has a few barely smaller cities nearby, and check the demands of the target city while you still have optional routes ahead of you.

Sometimes, it is worth putting a caravan to sleep for a few turns while you hope for a different city to want your goods. Leave it on an out-of-way swamp or mountain.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

OCC = One City Challenge (only having one city thru the entire game )

ICS = Infinite City Sleaze/Strategy (building a large number of small cities generally placed close together with little regard given to optimum placement)

you can play multiplayer civ with the Ultimate Civ Collection (its the european version of Civ2 gold edition)

edit: Cavebear is too fast for me
      [This message has been edited by ColdWizard (edited May 07, 2000).]
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Hey Chainsaw!! Great name there.

We use a lot of them around here too.

------------------
        The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus
        The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Thanks!

Fauvorite tool for a doom-frag...
          Never held one (chainsaw) in my hands so far anyway...

Comment

Working...
          X