Spy/Dip question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spy/Dip question

What is the chance of a spy/diplomat's successful sabotage?

What is the difference for city wall and enemy capital?

I havn't used sabotage against the ai very much but have used it alot in MP.

I have batted 1.000 sabotaging with dips and not giving specific target for spies.Never seems to fail.Giving a specific target to a spy seems to drop it down sustantially.Maybe something like 20-30% success rate.Vet status helps alot,perhaps 30-50% success rate.

I think its better to use multiple dips/spies rather than specific targets unless,maybe,and just maybe,they are veterans.

Walls are a little harder to get.Random sabotaging will get the walls but you usually have to wreck every other improvement or production first.

I don't like the tactic but it is SO effective that you can't help but use it.Since there seems to be no way to stop it(control the seas possibly) perhaps this is another one of those pre game discussion topics
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

(and remember that SDI is invulnerable to Dips and Spys)
      Be the bid!

Comment

Ahhhh....The dip/spy. I swear this might be my favorite unit in the game. Although I've broken the bribing habit (but still use it when I want to have a little fun) dip and spies are very powerful for the reason above. They can take out anything in a city and, as Smash pointed out, are very effective in numbers. I have never had a spy unable to sabotage a city improvement against the AI. They have been unable to steal techs on occasions when techs have been stolen from a particular city before, either by a dip or spy.

I actually started the thread on sabotaging SDI Defenses. I'll have to look for that thread, but I thought someone actually sabotaged an SDI after several, several tests. I think it is possible, but it is very rare.
        "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

The "Sabotaging SDI Defenses" thread is here.
          And MWHC did after some experimentation succeed in destroying SDI with spies. However, his results are not reproducable so are perhaps caused by one of Civ's delightful little unpredictable glitches.

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
          X