Red shield on the resource map!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red shield on the resource map!

Take a look at this screenshot, and try figuring out what that red shield on the glacier is supposed to mean! I couldn't. The production stays the same if I take away the citizen working there, and it doesn't "produce" any waste.
    Attached Files
    -Will you destroy this "Earth"?
    -No, I like to play with things for a while before annihilation!

if u mine it you'll get one shield.......

uhh... otherwise its just there, you get nothing for working on it....
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

If you work a glacier you will get one unhappy citizen. That's what the red shield indicates.

Comment

Working in the arctic is not much fun.You would be unhappy too.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

rules.txt

This is triggered by a terrain square producing 0 food, 0 shields, and 0 trade, as listed in the rules.txt. Change any terrain to 0,0,0 - the red shield results. Civ citizens just don't like being unproductive, apparently.
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

Or maybe they just don't like being freezed to death.
            -Will you destroy this "Earth"?
            -No, I like to play with things for a while before annihilation!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
              If you work a glacier you will get one unhappy citizen. That's what the red shield indicates.
              Why does it show on only one of the glacier squares?

Comment

cuz there is only 1 glacier square with a worker on it.If you move one of those workers from grass to the other glacier there would be 2 red masks
                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                X