Calculating required beakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculating required beakers

Has the formula for tech research been worked out?

Kind of.

There is an old thread called "A list of Data" by Caesar the Great where someone eventually got a formula worked out to be something like tech calc = M[(a+1)*(b+1)*r] where M is the map size, a is the incremental advance number, b is a derivative of the advance number and r is adjusted dependant on how far ahead you are.

Not really much help, I am afraid, other than to show that it is a squares sum and not exponential - whereas civ growth is exponential. So eventually you will get a tech cascade, if you play the game effectively.
    Be the bid!

Comment

Thanks Sten. That helps alot.

Comment

That formula looks like what I was seeing, BUT...where the hell does the tech paradigm fit in??? Arrggh...

Boy figuring that formula must have been a *****...

Anyone have a disassembler?

Venger

Comment

Cross link to the affiliated ToT thread...
          http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum29/H...tml?date=17:58

I can only assume from the ToT posts that the tech paradigm is an additional calculation like the M that is outside of the basic (a+1)*(b+1) since it doesn't appear to change the eventual flattening nature of the results curve.

I can't remember my math terms, but there is a name for a parabolic curve that is increasing at a decreasing rate... sorry, I periodically attended calc at 8:00 in the morning 15 years ago.
          Be the bid!

Comment

Asymptote, or Asymptotal curve, IIRC. 20 years for me, so ICBM. (I could be mistakend, not intercontinental...)
            Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Working...
            X